Come to Island Outpost and check off everything on your list:
• Delicious food that is second to none in Citrus County.
• Warm, friendly owners who greet you by name.
• Thoughtful staff who anticipate your needs.
• The most beautiful drive through Old Florida.
• Diner, convenience store, gas station, tiki bar, bait and tackle, fresh produce, $1 cold drafts, shelves of free books…huh? Yes, all that and more!
Island Outpost is like nowhere else. My husband discovered the place for lunch one day with a buddy and enjoyed it so much he brought me there that same evening for dinner. By then the amazing owners, John and Diane, knew our names and made us feel at home.
We’ve returned countless times (40 minutes for us round-trip). I’ll start to ask my husband “Do you want to eat at Island…?” He cuts in with an emphatic “Yes!” and is out the door with the truck started before I can even finish the question.
John’s “Hangover Shrimp” has some sort of addictive magic in its sweet and spicy sauce, making me order it every time. My husband can’t decide if he likes the out-of-this-world Cuban sandwich or the spicy wings best, so he orders both. Teresa and Kerry, the amazing hostesses, have the Scorpion hot sauce waiting for him as the perfect (and fiery!) complement to John’s wings.
Locals and patrons treasure this gem in the heart of Ozella. No pretentions. Just great food, friendly service and a warm, family vibe that brings you back again and again.
- Keith and Carol
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.