“Very Accomidating for our group...great food!”
Review of La Casa di Norma

La Casa di Norma
Ranked #23 of 111 Restaurants in Crystal River
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2018

I am part of a ladies lunch group that meets every month. It is hard to find restaurants that will accommodate us...20 plus ladies...separate checks! Well, we found la Casa di Norma very accommodating! Norma and her husband opened for us for lunch on a
Thursday and we had an awesome time. Service and food was impeccable and we were able to carry on as any group of 20 something women would! Looking forward to next time!

Reviewed 13 June 2018

Why Ouch as the title? Because that is how I feel when we have paid a lot for such inferior food. Several people have recommended this restaurant before, but this time some friends said "Let's go to this restaurant - it's really good." I told a neighbor that we were going there and she said "You won't be disappointed." Guess what, we were VERY disappointed. I ordered what was described as a seafood casserole. I was surprised when my dish looked just like my husband's dish which was supposed to be completely different. The dish had "some" seafood on top of a bed of plain noodles. There was supposed to be grouper in it which we decided must be the little flat grey pieces of fish floating around. There was shrimp, clams, scallops and grouper - all of which tasted exactly the same. There was no sauce except for a small amount of water in the bottom of the bowl that probably came from the pasta. Oh, and it came with a salad which was just some bagged lettuce and a small piece of tomato.
We don't really go out to eat much and I had high expectations based on the recommendations we had been given. Contrary to what my neighbor said, I was VERY Disappointed! Oh, and my husband said his dish was exactly like mine - NO flavor whatsoever. We won't be going back there again!!!

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This place is definitely a mom & pop restaurant style. It’s tucked away in the Winn Dixie shopping center. The atmosphere is very quaint with its small size and offers a ‘romantic’ vibe with its dark / ‘fairy light’ lighting. The food was okay; I’ve definitely tasted better Italian.

Reviewed 19 May 2018

We recently learned that they have an early bird menu from 4 to 5:30. The choices are limited and the meals are smaller but thay are very reasonably priced.

We had the Veal parm and Mussels with marinara. The meals include soup or salad and garlic bread. The full menu is available if you want a larger meal or more choices.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I wanted to like this restaurant and after waiting almost 2 hours for our entrees I expected four exceptional meals. When the meals were finally served, after a salad of boring iceberg lettuce, shaved carrots and one slice of tomato, regret was written on my face. I had ordered the veal Marsala and the Marsala in front of me was the worst ever.
The pieces of veal ranged from tender to mostly tough and the flour breading was like paste. I tasted no Marsala wine but the most unforgivable were the canned mushrooms.
I could not eat. My friends liked their meals but did not love them. I tasted the eggplant parm and thought it was bitter.
I liked the owner, did not try the desserts nor other dishes so perhaps there is another meal I would like. I believe the wait is due to, too many tables and not enough staff on the floor and in the kitchen.

2  Thank Lynn B