“One of our fave local Asian places”

Moon Thai & Japanese Cuisine
Ranked #47 of 388 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 September 2018

Consistently delicious, with good service and prices. One of my adult son's favorite places, we bookend any of his visits home with dinner here on arrival and before he leaves. Two menus - one Thai, one Japanese, plus specials, means almost too many choices. I always get the Tuna Taro appetizer, often as my dinner if I can keep my dining companions out of my plate. It's sort of spicy Asian nachos - you get four to an order. Each is chopped tuna sashimi with avocado, roe, spicy sauce, jalapenos and cilantro on a large crispy taro chip (like a big potato chip, but from taro root). Mmmmmmm. Comes with extra taro chip. The pad thai is another family fave. All the sushi dishes taste fresh. Order a few with the big Kirin Ichiban beer that you can split 2 or 3 ways. Nice ambiance.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We had the Japanese and the Thai lunch specials. It was close to UMiami and affordable. The food was good and so were the prices and service. It is a nice place to take a student for something different than the usual fare.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

This is an excellent restaurant that refuses to rest on its proximity to UM. Traditional Thai soup bursts with flavor: lemongrass, chili and lime create a fabulous broth. The Thai Noodle dishes are to die for, and the sushi is top notch. Round out with excellent and attentive service, and you have a winner!

Reviewed 6 August 2018

My wife and I have eaten here dozens of times - sometimes with family and sometimes with friends. We have never been disappointed. The food is always good and the prices are reasonable. They have a good selection of beers from Asia - I like the large Kirin Ichiban. The decor is nice inside. Don't sit outside - the road noise is very annoying.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Came here with family, the place is nice, the decor and seating area are beautiful,service is amazing and the food is the best!