See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would happily return.

Check in was simple, quick and painless. The room was clean, warm (air con to cool) and comfortable. The bed was slightly smaller than some US hotel chains but it wasn’t an issue for us. The bathroom was clean and had all amenities we needed/expected.

Miracle mile is very close with all shops and restaurants needed and a very safe feeling area.

Parking was a slight concern but parking down the side streets were affordable for up to a 10hr stay and some streets had free parking bays which we utilised. We didn’t realise you have to park facing the same direction of traffic however, so everyone else be aware as we were ticketed $23 for this offence - not by the hotel, but by the parking attendants.

My only concern is that there must be some refurbishment being done in the hotel as there were drills and building type noises from around 08:30 in the morning.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CharlotteKirsch
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Good traditional hotel in the marvelous Coral Gables neighborhood. You can park your car in the street for free behind the building. It looks very safe. We had a room with two double beds. It does the job. I would go back.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Globon
Reviewed 11 February 2018

Pro
Historic Hotel
Nice Staff
Close to Coral Gables nightlife (10-15 min walk)
Not too busy (foot traffic)
clean room & bathroom
TV (small)
A/C in room
Price right!
Renovated Bathroom

Con:
Old Hotel
No Elevator
Speak Parking
Thin walls
Wooden/Creaky Floor
No Breakfast
Full-size beds (I'm tall)
Could hear traffic from my room

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 14 December 2017

A reasonably priced, basic and friendly hotel in Coral Gables - good public transport options ) including airport bus routes, and a free trolley service) and good dining options close by. Small lobby area, with no facilities, although luggage can be stored., Room facilities basic - but includes fridge, microwave and coffeemaker (but no coffee). Bring your own shampoo.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
HotelPonceDeLeon, Manager at Hotel Ponce De Leon, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay! We hope you will make Ponce de Leon Hotel your preferred choice on all your future visits to the area.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

I booked this hotel because I was tired of staying in the typical business/chain hotels - I figured staying somewhere a little off of the beaten path would be fun and interesting. I forgot that there is much that we take for granted in the typical business hotels. First off.. there is no parking. The instructions include "just go find something on the side street" - which I was able to do although not sure this would always work. Next... the ac in the room was turned off (was 85 when I got in)... after several hours it did cool down (this is August in Florida, btw). Also, when the maid comes in during the day she turns off the AC... same routine... 85.. while to cool down. No iron in the room and the front desk does not always have a person there (picture shows the situation). If you ring the bell, a person might or might not come in 10 minutes - your choice. Also, when they ran my card they tried to run it for one night and then the next. Second charge was denied because CC company thought it was a duplicate charge... thus, I had to come back the next morning for the second charge. Also, there is no elevator (I was on the 3rd floor). So.. again, not a terrible place... just lacking traditional amenities.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
HotelPonceDeLeon, Manager at Hotel Ponce De Leon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi Jay L! Thank you for being our guest and for the feedback.
We are sorry for the inconvenience we do not have private parking and elevator, but all our guests can read and check these facts in our website, social media channels and on Booking.com before making a reservation with us.
Regarding the A/C, we turn it off if the guest is not in the room as this is an eco-friendly hotel who cares about the environment!
As per our records, you requested and iron, which was provided with an ironing board.
We do have 24 Hour front desk and after 5 pm if you ring the bell you might have to wait until 10 minutes for assistance.
Last, our policy is to charge the first night to confirm the reservation and the guest can cancel free of charge until 2 days before arrival. The remaining balance is due at check in. Even we could not process the remaining balance at check in, you stayed at the hotel and we told you not to worry, that we would try to process the payment the following day, which we did.
Hopefully we would see you next time you come to Miami.