“Not impressed!”

Ranked #18 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Hannibal, Missouri, United States
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Where to begin...I don't think this hotel is very old, yet it's very run down. The furniture is old and oudated. We were on the 4th floor and when we got off of the elevator the hallway smelled strongly of cigarette smoke. There were signs posted for no smoking in the rooms and on the elevators, but people were smoking somewhere. When we got in our room it also smelled of cigarette smoke, not old stale smoke like the previous people had smoked in our room, but as if someone was smoking in the room next to us and it was coming through the ventallation system. The AC in the front room didn't cool very well and the couch was broken. I went to plug my laptop into the high speed internet and the cable was broken so I had to take my laptop downstairs and use the front desk wi-fi connection. The rooms were not real clean and the beds were not comfortable at all. The hot tub was broken and they didn't have a pool, so we had to walk three blocks to use their sister hotel's pool. The ocean view rooms are ocean view from a block and half away and there are no balconies, so if you want ocean view be sure you're on a high floor. The best thing about this hotel was the front desk clerk. I believe his name was Kyle who was there overnight by himself. I called down to have sheets brought up to our room and he told us we had to come get them because he was by himself. I was just not impressed by this hotel at all. I'm not generally a complainer, but there is little if anything at this hotel to celebrate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Hotel has a lot of restaurants nearby. The lack of a pool and any extras is a real disappointment. No real decor and no wifi except in the lobby. Rooms have wired Internet. Laundry machine is old and only one washer and one dryer, which are located street level on the corner of the the building with access from outside only. Indoor jacuzzi was broken.

• Stayed March 2012
Courtenay, Canada
Reviewed 29 February 2012

April 2011 we spent 15 days in Florida , and this was the worst hotel we stayed at, it was dirty, poorly maintained and smelled.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Cocoa Beach hotels

Jane Lew, West Virginia
Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was wondering if I could give this hotel a rating of 4, but decided that 3 is more accurate. The suite was very large, and the bed was comfortable. But the decor etc is definitely showing its age. The bathroom was large. It had a shower, no tub. The shower was poorly designed, with no step into it. There was almost no slant for the water to go into the drain, so it was impossible to keep water from going all over the bathroom floor. The TV was not a flat screen, and the channel selection was pretty limited.

The key card reader was not working properly on the door, so we could not get into the room at first. I had to go back to the front desk and get another card. We stayed only one night (as planned), but I had to go back to the front desk a total of three times to get key cards that would work. The front desk were apologetic and as helpful as they could be.

The hotel is located within walking distance of a couple of good restaurants, one an Italian restaurant just across the street (can't remember the name, sorry), and A NY Pizza, just down the block. My wife and I enjoyed both of these places.

One of the reasons I choose this hotel is that I saw somewhere that there is a shuttle available to the cruise ports. I assumed this was a free shuttle, but there is a charge for the shuttle.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19Jim48
FourPointsMangement, Manager at Cocoa Beach Suites, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced by having to reactivate your keys several times. We are constantly reinvesting in the property to keep our hotel up to guest’s standards.

The hotel now charges for shuttle service to and from Port Canaveral. I do apologize you were unaware of the new fees. Guests can book our Park and Cruise package that includes parking for the duration of the cruise and shuttle for 2 people to/from Port Canaveral. Otherwise, the rates for shuttle service to Port Canaveral are $6.00 per person one way.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to the area.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Worst room I have ever stayed in. We were promised an ocean view room which makes you think it is right on the beach or relatively close. It is a couple blocks away and my room faces private condo buildings. As soon as we checked in our rate was higher because they forgot to put in the parking for the cruise we were going on. Room is terrible and outdated. Lightbulbs are burnt out, internet cord is broke, pillows on the crappy sofa are open with the stuffing coming out of them. The room disgusts me...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple