“Ok but nothing special”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Cocoa Beach
Hinesburg, Vermont
“Ok but nothing special”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

This was our night away with no kids. We booked a Deluxe Oceanview room, which was over $200. We definitely had an ocean view, and the bed was very comfortable. But the room didn't really seem very deluxe. The bathroom was very outdated and plain. For an over $200 room, I was hoping for a bit more. There was no shampoo; we had to go to the CVS and pick some up. At breakfast, there were these delicious looking mini quiches, but they had ham in them and we do not eat meat. So, we ate the muffins and breads, which were also ok. The man behind the counter at the hotel was very helpful and pleasant. But the place was just ok. I kept thinking back to a place in California's wine country (also a tourism hotspot and fairly pricey) where we paid almost $100 less and got so much more. This hotel was in a nice location and had very nice beach access, but I would recommend against the Deluxe Oceanview room, as it didn't seem worth it to me.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank melissajoylevy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Here's a quick example of the service and attention to detail mentioned in other reviews:
I realized I left my iPod nano behind in the room a few days after I returned home from a recent stay at the Inn. I figured it was a longshot that a.) Someone found it and turned it in, and b.) The hotel would care about the lost item or returning it. But I figured it was worth a try (it IS worth 150 bucks after all). When I called the front desk they couldn't have been nicer, they did indeed have my iPod and they shipped it back to me within a day. I travel quite a bit and don't think the same thing would happen at a chain hotel. Great people. And a cozy, comfortable hotel in a great location. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Scromj
Antwerp, Belgium
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights. The website of the hotel gives a reasonably good impression of the place. Overall , our stay was quite enjoyable.

We Liked
- the location near the beach
- The breakfast (included in the price) is good and healthy and in a pleasant location
- the staff at reception is really friendly and helpful
- the architecture of the place is nice
- free wine and cheese at 5PM

The things we liked less were:
- the thin walls between rooms mean you can hear your neighbours talk in the next room
- while we prefer staying at independent hotels rather than chains , at a price of 170/180$ per night without taxes you would expect a bit more

If you want to have some alcohol and walk to a restaurant for dinner - there are many options in walking distance from the Inn
Our favourite was the Sunset Waterfront Grill and Bar -- good vibes.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MrLoo
Melbourne, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Excellent place to stay, a hidden gem. We were booked for a cruise and stayed here the night before. The rooms were very nice and clean and the staff very helpful. Would stay here again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank DS1903
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We happened across The Inn, which is in a slightly uninspiring area of condos. It really is a little oasis of peace and good taste. Helpful, friendly staff, lovely pool area, decent breakfast. The rooms aren't huge, and don't have some of those things you expect in standard American hotels, like coffee and bar in the room, and there's no restaurant which will not please some people, but they make up for this in so many ways, for example free fresh coffee or tea in the lobby, a range of charming lounges, free ice, free cheese and wine social hour.
The pool area is utterly charming, and I had a very relaxing time in the evening on the hammock with a free glass of wine and a book.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends