“Completely Disappointed”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #92 of 221 Restaurants in Clermont
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I have been here several times, service at the bar almost incrediable. There is a sweet bartender that loves the Dolphins which always greets us with a smile and a warm welcome. Today we had a blonde, short bangs, who started off sweet but gave us a hard time about the 2-4-1, which in 6 years have we ever had a problem. Instead of making a sale she had a leave. It seem she was getting off. She was horrible!!!!!!!!! Please let your vetrans run the bar, that is why we come in.

Reviewed 17 August 2017

They have a new Tex-Mex menu with quite a few choices. I think everyone could find something on the menu that they like. Service was very good. Food came out quickly and was the correct temperature. Food was very good.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

We visit Florida every summer, family of 5, and this restaurant was always one that we go to at least 4 or 5 times.

Last week we decided to try the Chilis in Old Town and the experience was horrendous. Loud thumping music, slow service, bad food quality (my burger was swimming in grease)

Today we decided to go back to our old faithful as we have never had a bad meal there, not until today anyway.

The restaurant was about 1/3 full. We waited to be seated for about 10 minutes, nobody around. Drinks order took another 20 minutes by which time the appetisers were on the table.

Drinks weren't refilled leaving the kids to share one between them. The house margarita tasted of chemicals and was left undrunk.

The food was mediocre. Quesadillas were rock hard, food was cold and really lacking the Chili's quality that we've grown to love.

Sad to say that we won't be coming back anytime soon. There are too many competitors out there who offer top notch service and quality food for the same price.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

We went here lunch and ended up waiting for a long time to be served. It appeared like they were understaffed and the guy serving us was disappearing for a long time. Obviously the other staff will not take your orders as it's not their 'patch'. It was a BOGOF time and bloke turned up with 2 beers at the same time, had to send one back! The food was good, but service definitely needs to improve or hire more staff!

Reviewed 7 July 2017

Food OK, as expected. Service OK, waitress very friendly and chatty.

We each ordered a beer to start. I was going to have a Sierra Nevada, but the waitress suggested a draft beer instead as they had 2 for 1 on those. I went with a Yuengling instead to get the 2 for 1 deal, and my other 2 in my party had Stella Artois, also on draft. The waitress asked "Large?", so we said sure.

We had another round during dinner as our free second beer. The bill was available on on-table screen device. When I looked at it, it seemed to add up too high even though only the items we asked for were on it. There were also 6 entries on the bill saying "1 NO BEV NO CHG". Then I noticed that there was a scroll bar on the side. The extra entries caused the bill to scroll exactly the right amount that our first round of drinks was not visible on the screen, so we were in fact charged for 2 rounds, despite the 2 for 1 deal. I checked with the waitress and she said that the Large beer counted as 2, so that was where we got the deal. I checked the menu and there is no price for the draft beer, large or small. However, the large beer size appears to be 20 oz and I assume the small is standard 12oz, so by that measure alone, it is not 2 for 1. The fact that the bill was doctored to hide the first round makes be believe that the staff are aware of this and try to hide the issue. Tempted to return just to kick up a stink about the scam, but other than that, I won't be back.