“A week end at Clearwater Beach”
Review of Clearwater

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Florida
6 helpful votes
“A week end at Clearwater Beach”
Reviewed 7 November 2008

We have Recently Passed our weekend at Clearwater Beach FL. We usually enjoy the beaches at all times of the year especially in FL, but spending weekend in mid October was great.. not too hot and not too cold.. it was just perfect. The beach was quite busy even after 11:00 at night people still are in the ocean, and lots of couples stroll along the shore near the Clearwater Beach Pier - there is a sense of safety because of the amount of people and the presence of police in Clearwater Beach.

The outdoor evening action starts shortly before the setting sun sizzles into the ocean against a backdrop of a usually perfect sky filled with puffy, white clouds. The best way to experience Clearwater Beach and its environs is by boat, and there is every type of boat adventure imaginable at the marina. Cigarette boats, fishing boats, nature tours, snorkeling boats, air-conditioned paddle boats, and even a pirate ship tie up at the docks.

There are some construaction work going on these days at clearwater area. I should not say its is a great place for young people looking for a great night life at beach but it is a decent place for a family oriented people coz lots of places to hang out with kids. The best thing is the place is very much affordable. Not too expensive as fas as eating and lodging is concerned. There are pretty good hotels and resoters located right on the beach and they are usually available with reasonable package.

Especially They have one Pirates cruise for kids thats is awesome. Overall we enjoyed our weekend at Clearwater Beach.

1 Thank jalpari
va
22 helpful votes
“Great place,friendly people”
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Went to Clearwater Florida in July 2008. We drove down but I wish we had flown as I have never spent that much time in a vehicle. We stayed at Post as they have several properties across the US. The Bahama Breeze is a great place to eat as they have very good food and staff.The beaches down there are awesome, white powder sand, and I think the water was 80-85 degrees. There was a pirate ship off the coast it was very cool looking. We went to Bush Gardens and it was awesome, very clean and friendy staff.

1 Thank blueeyes1970
Greensburg, Pa
2 helpful votes
“awesome vacation site”
Reviewed 13 August 2008

Had a fantastic trip to clearwater! Clean white sand beach,street crews out cleaning @4am every morn,So it is CLEAN!!! If you dont have a great time here then you wont have a good time anywhere.The sunsets are unbelievable,People are friendly,Prices are very reasonable.Would reccomend Red Roof Inn on Gulfview,ask for Lisa or Laura. The Pier is something to experience.Things change nightly up there.Enough cannot be said about this vacation spot! Make sure you eat @ Shepards Buffet... Great Food. Also,plenty of things to do..We went swimming with Dolphins and got to see a small shark,real cool,kids went parasailing,Lots of nice shells, Dont to forget to see (Winter) @ the aquarium.Personally I believe the trip was absolutely priceless!!!
Would reccomend that the people @ Pier 60 get rid of the goofball walking around with a microphone claiming to be an alien.He is ridiculous,scares the kids,and is an insult to the rest of the artisans. Please chase him away and maybe he will get a real job. He does not deserve to be on your Pier!!! Dave,Pittsburgh,Pa.

1 Thank euclid4
Columbus, OH
17 helpful votes
“Sand is Awesome”
Reviewed 23 June 2008

The beach is excellent indeed. The beach is extremely wide. The first night we were in Tampa on vacation we stopped at the beach. It was early May and an usually coal night and I believe we were the only ones in the water (it felt warm to us northerners) and a pair of dolphins practically jumped over my son. The beach is wide the and the soft sand is perfect. It is definitely the best beach we've been on. The downsides were the water seems to get high quickly...ie with three small boys they seem to prefer a bit more knee or waist high water as it's easier to run and play...but they still had a excellent time; there were also a ton of broken shells in the first couple feet of water which were hard on the feet, and the parking is expensive (though there might be cheaper parking nearby if you don't park right beside the pier/beach). We had a great time and would return though I can't imagine this is the best beach in the country....wonderful yes but I can't say perfect.

Buffalo, NY
13 helpful votes
“home away from home”
Reviewed 7 December 2007

I haven't been to Clearwater Beach in almost two years and I miss it SO much!!!!! We were in Key West in October, it was great, but my heart is in Clearwater Beach. I can't wait to go this February. The weather is always great, the beach is beautiful, everything is close by, it's the perfect place to go for a vacation.

Been to Clearwater? Share your experiences!