All reviews honor system washers and dryers free laundry full size fridge laundry area frozen meals major intersection smelled fresh didn t work stove top a pet friendly hotel workout room pots and pans coffee maker check in was quick bed was very comfortable the entire hotel
Reviewed 27 July 2018

In spite of its locale (light industrial), I chose this property for its proximity to major crossroads to and from Tampa/St. Pete ... and was not disappointed. The ambiant noise level was slim to none. To a person, Front Desk staffers were friendly and informative; nice to be greeted each evening with a smile and a 'welcome back.' It appears each thoroughly enjoys his/her job. (Kudos to the GM!) My suite's interior totally blew me away. The built-in shelving in the bath was a thoughtful touch ... as was the fully-equipped kitchen (thinking prolific ice maker!),. The towels were luxurious and the bed was, hands-down, the most comfortable I've encountered. (What brand, please?) If this property is indicative of all Candlewood Suites, they will be my 'go-to' in all future travels. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Carasmom12
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Stayed at the Candlewood Suites for 2 nights to explore the Clearwater and St Petersburg area. Check-in was quick, I found enough parking at the end of the afternoon. Had a quick fresh up before heading to the Rays game. It was busier when I came back around 10 pm. Had to park a bit further away.

This hotel doesn't provide breakfast so I brought my own. There was a Publix close by. I was assigned a ground floor room, just across of the hotel's market. That area was closed off and you had to use a key card to get in and out. My room was opposite that section of the hotel and it turned out to be very noisy. Lots of people going in and out, lots of people talking on the corridors not thinking about other guests. There shouldn't be any congesting in the hallways. The door was really thin, you could hear everything everyone is saying. I had 2 evenings where kids where running up and down the room. Very annoying, but the moment I found it time to complain, they stopped running.

So what I did like? I like the spaciousness of the room with the big kitchen, seating area and bathroom. Bathroom could use a counter top so store your toiletries. There's no real place, except for a small stool. Full-size fridge was nice to store groceries, as well as the ice cube maker. Bed was very comfortable.

The location of this hotel is convenient to Tropicana Field and the Clearwater and St Pete's beaches. Keep in mind traffic around rush hour is terrible if you need to get on and off the island.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms near the common area.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We booked last minute to attend at a wedding. We were very surprised about the clean room and the nice interior. Our pet traveled with us and felt comfortable too. The room was clean and smelled good. The staff was very lovely and we will definitely stay here again when we're back in the area. Thank you for your great customer service.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

The customer service was great. Check in was fast, thanks to Soloman! The lobby and hallway smelled fresh upon entering the building. I gave a rate of three because the the room is supposed to be accessible. The room door does not open automatically and there is a hump in the doorway that I struggled with trying to get my daughter's wheelchair over. The carpet needs to be replaced because it is stained and had a slight odor. Adding a sink with a counter to the bathroom would be convenient as I had to walk back and forth from the bathroom for my toiletries and other items. Also, the towels were a bit rough as a couple of them had stains. Maybe it's time for new towels. I would stay again because those things are minor and hope that some of those things are taken care of if not all.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank TaraML74
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Hi TaraML74,

It's a great day at the Candlewood Suites Clearwater, we're glad to have hosted your stay. True Hospitality for everyone - that is what we aim to provide. That said, I'm delighted that our service level and check-in process left a positive impression! On the other hand, I'm sorry to learn about the condition of the carpet and towels. It also concerns me that the room's setup did not meet your expectations. Your feedback and suggestions have been shared with the team. These should help us address areas that need improvement.

Thanks for your candor and for choosing to stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back as soon as your plans bring you again to the area.

Safe travels,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Have relatives in the Tampa area. But wanted to be able to come and go without disturbing anyone. Looked for a reasonably inexpensive place, but with a chain that I was comfortable with. At $70 I found this place, which was about $30 cheaper than similar hotels near TPA Airport.

Was a little bit hesitant, because of the 'review' spread from good to bad.

However, I think it is the location (which is not near any tourist type places or close to the beach) that has their price point lower than similar hotels in the popular TPA airport corridor.

This place is definitely located in a regular business/slash retail area. I noticed when I arrived a lot of work trucks, indicating the clientele that frequent this place are more 'contractors and temp workers', etc. I have absolutely no problem with that.

The parking lot was large enough, near a major intersection. The front desk personnel was helpful. I thoroughly checked out my bed, because a reviewer showed a photograph of a bug. But with intense spotlight review, I saw nothing that made me queasy or uncomfortable about my room.

I had kitchen facilities that I didn't use and the place was well appointed.

Simply said, if you want a reasonably priced place to spend the night that is not too far from the tourist spots. This place will do.

I headed for Clearwater Beach in the morning and was there in less than 25 minutes and it only takes about 30 minutes to cross the causeway to Tampa. Get there by 9am, before the best parking spaces are gone.

The only thing, is that is a 'pet friendly' hotel. As a non pet owner, I'm not comfortable knowing some big dog may have slept in the bed I am sleeping in. But it is what it is. One dog got on the elevator that was bigger than me. I waited for the next elevator.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Lifetraveler1
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Hi Lifetraveler1,

Thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites Clearwater for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I'm sorry the location of our hotel fell below your expectations. I also understand that you had concerns about the hotel being pet-friendly. Your pointers will help us identify specific areas to improve in order to provide the best customer service experience for all our guests deserve. Know that providing every guest's needs is our top priority and we are always trying our best to give you a great impression. I have already brought up your comments to the hotel's attention and necessary actions will be taken to avoid the same inconvenience in the future. I am confident that the management will use your feedback as a reference for further review.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to hear back from you soon and be of further assistance, Lifetraveler1!

All the best,