All reviews honor system washers and dryers free laundry full size fridge major intersection smelled fresh stove top workout room pots and pans coffee maker will stay there again check in was quick convenience store bed was very comfortable the entire hotel front desk personnel one night stay
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We never stayed in Candlewood before, and enjoyed our two days there. The room was large enough, fully equipped with a small kitchenet. Frig with freezer allows for plenty of options. Publix Grocery nearby where you can get anything you need. If you forget something, they have a lot of choices in their food cupboard. They also have great tasting commentary coffee available 24 hrs. Free usage of their washers and dryers.

BTW, no free breakfast no big deal. We are frequent travelers and try to eat a healthy breakfast which is not usually possible if we rely on the commentary breakfast. Candlewood is a good value in the Clearwater area.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Spotless ... brand new beds, mattresses, clean/crisp/white sheets/comforters .... newly renovated ... great price!! HUsband and I were welcomed at the front desk with a bright smile by Owen who was personable, knowledgeable, positive, friendly and just a great example of what all employees should be when manning a front desk of any hotel!!! Thank you Owen, our room was truly everything and more that you promised us!!!!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wasagabeachhouse
Reviewed 4 January 2017

My husband and I stayed at Candlewood Suites over the Christmas Holiday we had a wonderful time with friends and family. The Suites are clean. safe and everyone is friendly and very accommodating. Our room was excellent we really enjoyed it and the pool. The location is close to the airport, beach and nice restaurants in St Pete and Tampa including all the fun shopping locations. We truly enjoyed our visit and we Thank all the staff for their help, care and concern.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

When my sister and I checked in to our non smoking room, it was obvious that someone had been smoking very recently in that room. The odor was unmistakable. We could also smell as housekeeping was cleaning a strong chemical smell that was very overpowering. We asked for another room, but they were unable to give us one for an hour. We decided to cancel and leave because we really couldn't stand the odor of the cleaner either.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Hi teacherattheburg,

Thank you for posting a review and for staying with us. We do appreciate you expressing your concerns about our property. However, we’re sorry for the smoking smell that you had to endure. Rest assured, we have taken note of these and we will certainly discuss this with our team for further improvements needed on our product and services.

Again, thank you for your feedback and hope that you will give us another opportunity to better accommodate you.

Christian C.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 31 December 2016

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days in early December. The first room assigned was very hot and I couldn't get the A/C working so I went back down to the front desk. The attendant went back to the room with me and messed with the controls for awhile, but couldn't make the A/C work. She first suggested that she could get us a fan, which I flatly refused (temps were in the high 80s). I asked to be moved to another room and she did. This room was nice and cool.

The room was very nice - clean and comfortable. The A/C unit was a bit noisy, but most of the window units are. The room had an small refrigerator and a stove so we were able to prepare some meals in the room. The hotel had a laundry facility with free use of machines.

This was an excellent value and I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a clean place with a kitchen at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple