All reviews quaker steak lube lake blvd hot tub morning breakfast breakfast bar general manager king suite room was spacious yogurt free breakfast jeff wingate pillows clerk rates furnishings
Reviewed 14 October 2018

I stayed at this property for 4 nights (10/8 - 10/12). Check in went smoothly and when I got into room I noticed a musty smell or smell that pets had been in this room previously. As a result, I bought a can of Febreeze to spray in the room to make it smell fresher. The refrigerator appears to need a good cleaning and a defrosting. In addition and most importantly, I left used, wet towels on floor in bathroom after I used them one morning. The next morning, I closed the door in the bathroom and the wet towels were still there. About the same time, I noticed a bug on the floor of the bathroom. Needless to say, I will not be staying at this property again even though I will be traveling down to the area a lot over the next couple of months. I am paying more to stay at another hotel chain.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
la Quinta G, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Clearwater South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2018

I’ve received your review of La Quinta Clearwater South. Looks like we dropped the ball on meeting your expectations.

I appreciate your feedback; this is definitely not the experience we want you to have when staying with us! Your feedback will help us improve our operation.

Rest assured your comments will be shared with our team, and it’s through comments such as yours that we’re able to improve. Thanks again for your time, and hope we’ll see you back with us at La Quinta Inn and Suites once again.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Nearby restaurant made visit fun, it had car memorabilia. The service was slow. Ask for room in back to avoid road noise. Very helpful clerk and pizza delivery was quick. Internet is fast and free. Would stay again

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

I appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience at La Quinta Clearwater South. Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta Inn and Suites are our top priorities. I look forward to showing you that we’re working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

This place looks like a new hotel. It is very clean, the staff are freindly and helpful. Great price and breakfast is included. The location is good too, for vacationing in Tampa. My pet was also happy here

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful. Very clean. Very friendly staff as well. Their breakfast is amazing. Its located in a very good area near lots of different things. I feel very safe and welcomed everytime i walk in the door.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I visit the Clearwater/St. Pete area every year to see my family and this hotel was in a perfect area for me, right between my sister and my parents house. The hotel is nicely furnished, the staff is friendly, and the maid service is top notch. I have stayed in many hotels of different levels and I was very impressed with the level of maid service provided at this hotel. The exercise room is lacking, it only has a few cardio machines and those weight balls I never see anyone use at gyms. The breakfast is ok: bland eggs, sausage patties, bagels, and waffles - but hey it’s free and not bad if you just want a quick bite. Overall I was very pleased with my hotel experience.

Trip type: Travelled with family