1,128 results
All reviews pool area hot tub phillies spring training complimentary breakfast gulf to bay nice pool beds were comfortable yogurt
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

On a last minute stay in Clearwater, I found this Hampton reduced 55%.curious..... so I made an online reservation. When arriving, I saw it was an older 2-story motel. Hmmm But entering the lobby, it felt like a traditional Hampton with all the usual amenities. Breakfast was excellent, as always, pool and fitness as expected, and my room was lovely and perfectly appointed! The Conscierge explained Hampton purchased this to obtain the excellent site and would be tearing down and rebuilding in 2 phases, remaining in business, finally resulting in 2 towers for a new Hampton Inn.This is the only company that can achieve this! Hampton completely remodeled the rooms and they were so well decorated. I’d expect them to continue with deep discounts and don’t let this bother you. It’s the same excellent Hampton experience, but for less! Go for it!! Enjoy!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
William V, Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

I am glad you enjoyed your time with us in Clearwater. We are looking forward to our renovations set for this summer. I do hope you will come and visit with us next time you are in town!

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The hotel staff was awesome and very accommodating. The bed was comfortable and good location. In the room there was a list of restaurants that deliver. I don't remember the name of the Chinese Restaurant but I wouldn't recommend it. The hotel was quiet

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us here in Clearwater at the Hampton Inn. I want to thank you for giving us such high marks specifically when it comes to our team members here at our hotel, excelling in service is our pride and joy, so thanks for that. I do hope you will visit us next time you’re in town. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed 7 February 2018

I am a Hilton Gold member and travel for business about 30 weeks a year. I was working a late shift and when I returned around 11:30PM. I turned on the light only to startle my first noticiable visitor on the wall. OK, he got squashed. Then I woke up in the middle of the night and turned the bathroom light on to use it then saw the scattering of adult and juveniles scampering for cover. When I woke up I started working on my laptop on the desk when another one decided to check in on me and see what I was up to. He got squashed. I then told the front desk but they did not have a spare room due to occupancy. They offered to have a janitor spray the room, but the room had no windows I could open. I did not feel like working among dying insects and toxic fumes. I decided that I needed to check out and got another room in another hotel instead. Oh, and yes, I definitely skipped the free breakfast buffet. This hotel is in dire need of a shutdown and renovation. It is dated, and it's dark wood, old furnishings, and bug problems show.

Room tip: Wait until this hotel is renovated. It is old and infested.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us fell short of your expectations. I do want to apologize for that and want to let you know that we are patiently waiting our renovation scheduled to start summer of 2018 to better improve our guest’s experience. Again I am sorry about falling short on your expectations while you were here in Clearwater. I hope you have a great rest of the week!

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

This place seemed like it was possibly another chain at one time, and remodeled to Hampton standards. It’s basically a glorified motel with the rooms facing the outside. I had an ant in the bathtub and another one in the sink. The beds were ok, and had plenty of pillows. Breakfast was fine and the attendant there was nice and helpful.

Trip type: Travelled on business
William V, Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thanks for the feedback! I am sorry to hear about the bugs during your stay and do want to let you know we are working towards resolving that issue. We actually are one of the really old school Hamptons from when the brand started, and we are patiently looking forward to our scheduled renovation set to begin this summer. I do hope you will visit next time you are in town, have a great week!

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Very filthy and dirty ... and unfriendly staff ... toilet did not work, faucet was not workout either, hair and “stuff” on the bathroom walls ... not room service (only after I requested it) ... this is the worst Hilton Group hotel I have ever been to and I stay 160
Nights at hotels annually ...

Date of stay: January 2018
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Christian R
William V, Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

I noticed when reviewing your survey that you were very displeased with our hotel for the time you were with us. Our team works hard to make sure every guest has a wonderful stay and we failed to do that for you and for that I apologize. We continually learn, train and strive to be better each day and the only way to do that is from surveys and guests telling us not only where we go wrong but were we go right as well.
Once again I apologize for the issues you had while here and thank you for making the comments you did so we can make sure it doesn't happen to another guest. Have a great rest of the week.