1,127 results
All reviewspool areahot tubphillies spring trainingcomplimentary breakfastgulf to baythe breakfast areaan older hotelbeds were comfortableyogurtmaintenance
Reviewed 7 April 2015 via mobile

This hotel is located in an area convenient to many of the beaches and other attractions. That is the best thing about it.

Our room was really small. I stay in Hampton Inns all over the U.S. for work and this room was by far the smallest I've seen at any of their locations.

The breakfast was so-so. We ended up skipping it some and opted to pay to eat elsewhere.

My husband found the bed to be very uncomfortable. I am used to hotel beds so that didn't bother me much.

Overall, I'd just say this is an average older hotel and not up to the normal level of Hampton Inn quality.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
Beki L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with everyone. I am sorry that you had one of the smaller rooms. We do our best to upgrade everyone to the larger ones that are poolside whenever possible however with season being here it was limited on how much we could actually do that. Next time you come to town please let me know and if there is a complimentary upgrade available when you book it will be my pleasure to extend that to you. I hope you have a great rest of the week and thank you again for your review.

Reviewed 7 April 2015

This is the 2nd time for us staying at this hotel. Generally it is clean and the staff is very helpful. It could use some updates in the pool area, but it is well maintained. Breakfast is the weakest point for us, but only because there is very little variety when you have an extended stay. We like the fact that the rooms entrances are out doors.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank David H

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. As I have mentioned in the past we continually learn, train and strive to become the best we can be and you mentioned something that I would like to hear more about if it is possible. You mentioned the pool area needs updating. You as a guest come in with fresh eyes and with that being said I would love for you to take a moment or two and send me an email on your thoughts concerning that if it is at all possible. I want to be better and any insight would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

beki.lewie@hilton.com

Reviewed 7 April 2015

A postage stamp sized bathroom. Some lights in room don't work. Dank smell in room. Bed is one of the most uncomfortable this road ranger has ever slept on. A/C cycles on and off like a kicking mule. Kept me up all night.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I just read your review and would like to apologize that you didn't have a wonderful stay with us. I already emailed you back after receiving your survey and I look forward to your response.

Reviewed 6 April 2015

My husband and I booked this hotel for one night. We liked the spacious room and the grounds so much we decided to stay an extra night. Gardenia bushes, Hibiscus, palm trees it was a beautiful place to get away! Even though this property sits next to Rt. 19, the rooms facing the courtyard/pool area were very quiet. Tons of eateries nearby as well as stores galore. Loved the rocking chairs outside of the office; great place to unwind after a fun day at Ft. De Soto or Clearwater Beach. The breakfast was quite good, too! :)

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bwoodski

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. Everything you mentioned are all the things I do love about this hotel and you are correct, poolside rooms in the courtyard just keep all the city noise away. I hope that you will be able to have a repeat visit with us again soon since you now know we are here. Have a great rest of the week and thanks again.

Reviewed 6 April 2015

A dump for a Hampton hotel. This is not a Hilton. Small rooms with the closet in the middle of the room. Place has nothing to offer and no one cares. Why would any one stay here is beyond me. High rate and nothing to offer. Just a dump and the breakfast is just as bad, A high carb bunch of garbage.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to apologize that your stay wasn't a perfect one. I can assure you that our team and myself care very much and we were very upset that our service and cleanliness couldn't make up for those smaller rooms. Our standard rooms are slightly smaller than other Hampton Inn's in the area due to the fact we are an older property. I encourage everyone to book a poolside room if at all possible as well as if choosing a king bed that pick the king study's because they are even larger plus they are poolside. Once again, I do apologize and thank you for the review.