All reviewsping pong tablestarbucks coffeepiepete airportsafe areaclose to the airportnice stayshuttle servicecheck in was smoothstayed one nightdefinitely stay here againthe sofa bedother hotelslate at nightst petebeds were comfortableeasy access
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I attended a training session for a company and this was the "official" hotel.

The staff is amazing: friendly, helpful and approachable. From the moment I checked in until I checked out, all I had to do was turn around and there was someone willing to help.

The bed is one of the most comfortable I have ever seen in a hotel. The room was large and airy with a sofa and had ample, conveniently located electrical outlets.

Shortcomings: There is no shuttle to or from the Tampa Airport. Cab fare is $35.00 one way.

Also, meals are a problem. The hotel has very limited restaurant. The breakfast is great, but at other times it is limited to snacks and sandwiches. The only restaurant within walking distance is a fast food joint.

In summary, this is a great hotel, but if you are not driving, your meal options are limited.

The free internet is adequate but slow. There is an option to buy "Higher-Speed" for $4.95 per day.

Room Tip: Even number rooms face the pool. The higher the room numbers the farther from the lobby.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank DougA709
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2015

Doug,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard St Petersburg/Clearwater. I appreciate your kind comments about the staff and room amenities. The Bistro continues to evolve and we do offer seasonal items throughout the year to provide different food options. Unfortunately, we do not open for lunch and this may change as we see an increasing demand for lunch options. We are also upgrading our internet service in November which will provide much higher bandwidth and tiered options. Thanks for the great feedback, we look forward to seeing you again soon in Clearwater.

Reviewed 2 September 2015

We stayed for 5 nights, as my son had a Swim Meet at the nearby Long Aquatic Center. This is one of the nicest Courtyards I have stayed in and I've stayed in quite a few. It is located in a nicely landscaped business park with a couple of other hotels. The hotel is updated and spotlessly clean. The walls are thick, unlike some of the newer hotels, so very quiet and no hall noise.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back side away from the highway if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2015

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard St Petersburg/Clearwater hotel for your travel needs during your swim meet. We appreciate your candid feedback about the staff and faciltiy and hope that if you are in the Clearwater area you will choose our hotel for your future travel needs.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

We stayed here during a family emergency trip earlier this week. When you don't have much time to prepare you just hope everything goes smoothly. I made the reservations late Saturday night and checked in within an hour. although it was late, we received a warm welcome. We were also kindly upgraded to a room which gave us more space. Although this is an older property, it is quite clean and well taken care of. The entire staff was friendly and acknowledged you when you walk throughout the property. Although the Internet was out for the day, they worked to get it restored promptly and even offered to take me to their "sister" property across the street. I would definitely stay again and would recommend it to anyone I know staying in the St Pete/Clearwater Area.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family

Thankk you for the positive feedback about our team and hotel. I hope we made your trip a little easier given the unfortubate circumstances. I do apologize for the lack of internet service during your visit and I know that can be very frustrating. My team and I greatly appreciate your comments and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed 23 August 2015 via mobile

Stayed here for a week. Room was nice and clean. I was staying in a king room. Staff was friendly and location is pretty good for the price. They also offer complimentary shuttle for distance upto 3 miles around the hotel.

However I do have one big issue with the hotel. It seems the area gets hard water and the hotel adds water softer to it. However they seem to add so much softer that it's difficult to get the soap off your body. Everyday shower was a big pain point as it was too difficult to remove the soap from the body.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
mcote88, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott St. Petersburg Clearwater, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2015

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Courtyard St Petersburg/Clearwater. We greatly appreciate your kind comments about the staff and faciltiy. Unfortunately the water in our area is verd hard, which requires us to soften the water. I will complete a test sample to see if we are making it too soft. I can certainly understand the frustration about the water. I do appreciate the candid feedback and look foward to hosting you again soon,

Reviewed 21 August 2015

Stayed one night. Bed very comfortable, breakfast and dinner good. Night server at Bistro was wonderful. Young woman with an unusual name, wish I could remember (starts with a CH). Very friendly, helpful, cheerful. Great asset to the hotel. Not much of a workout room but passable. Room décor was pleasant and was very clean. Staff helpful and friendly all the way around.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family

Hi Darlean,

Thanks so much for sharing your experience. We greatly appreciate the positive feedback. It';s great to hear Chesca went above an beyond to meet you needs. Your comments are very motivating for my team and reassures us that we are providing a great experience for our guests. Thanks again for the candid feedback and we look forward to serving you again soon.