See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 September 2018

I've stayed here in the past, but it has been a while. Back then, the motel was clean and comfortable, but also a bit dated. So I was pleasantly surprised this trip to find that the motel had been upgraded to a much higher standard. Overall a very pleasant stay.

Guest room was comfortable, with ample work space, new flooring, and a bathroom that had been remodeled and which was spotlessly clean. Wi-fi worked just fine. Room was quiet. Very pleased with the accommodations, especially for the price.

Check-in and check-out were handled cordially and efficiently.

The only annoying feature was the automatic extra daily charge for the in-room safe, which one has to ask to have removed at check-out if one doesn't use the safe. Yeah, it's not much, but it's an unprofessional and way for a property to add a buck or two to the daily room charge, I had asked, at check-in, to have the charge removed but was told that this could only be done at check-out. I can only assume that they do it this way hoping that the guest will simply forget. But it's little things like this that keep a good property from becoming a great one.

Still, I would definitely stay here again. The rooms are surprisingly nice - especially for the off-season price. Motel is fairly convenient to the Tampa International Airport - about 15-20 minutes away in normal traffic, and there is easy access to I-275 north to Tampa and south to St. Pete and beyond.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one at the end of the hall. Thank you!
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
DEVEN K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2018

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to share your great feedback. We value your business and loyalty to the Super 8 brand and to our property specifically. We do apologies for the inconvenience of the in-room safe fee. Unfortunately the safe fee is added per night after each nightly stay. We do have a sign posted on our front desk so guests don't forget and our staff our trained to remind each guest upon check-out. We're excited you enjoyed our improvements and we continue to make improvements as we go so our guests stay will be more enjoyable and relaxing. We enjoyed accommodating you and look forward to your return real soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

I am wheelchair bound just lived my room accessibility! I could get in and out if not only the bathroom and shower stall but the pool as well! The lift chair to the pool was great and really made my stay. Which also happened to be my birthday so it was even better!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
DEVEN K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We enjoyed having you and look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Although the staff was nice and the room clean., there was active prostitution going non there that i could easily notice on the side of the building and near the pool area. I mentioned it to the staff and they were aware of it and said its hard to stop. The room although clean was very gloomy, i would never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DEVEN K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

We sincerely apologize your stay with us was unsatisfactory due to suspicious activity on the property. We do have policies in place to prevent illegal activity's from occurring such as security checks and guest identification to assure an individual belongs on the property. Once we do find out about issues such as you have mentioned we monitor that guest then ask them to leave when we find probable cause to do so. On a brighter note We are glad to hear we met our goal of Cleanliness and Service from our staff. We would like for your to give us another chance in the future as we will make this issue a priority to fix. We enjoyed having you and value your business.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Stayed here a total of 3 nights. I was pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the bed and the room. I wasn't sure what to expect. I had not stayed in this change for many many years. You can clearly tell that the hotel is owned by Wyndham. The hotel staff are very kind. I would stay there again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
DEVEN K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're happy to hear our hard work has made a great impression during your visit. We are continuing to make improvements as we strive to provide the best guest experience possible. We enjoyed accommodating you and look forward to your return soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Everything was great. The price was great , the staff couldn't be more friendly or accommodating (with exception to one grouchy lady) and the grounds were super clean and updated. The rooms were very nice also. The breakfast could've been a lot better but it was an overall wonderful experience.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
DEVEN K, General Manager at Super 8 by Wyndham Clearwater/St. Petersburg Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

We value your feedback and thank you for taking time to share your experience during your stay with us. We enjoyed accommodating you and look forward to your return real soon.