1,011 results
All reviews room was clean yogurt across the street free breakfast nice pool busch gardens wi fi gulf view room beach kathy kitchenette walmart
Reviewed 31 January 2018

We checked in after midnight. The clerk treated me like I was a criminal or something. He was not friendly and photo copied my credit card and driver's license. The credit card copy really made me nervous, I asked what he did with it, he said that he gives it to his boss and that he didn't know what his boss did with it. The room was small and beds were uncomfortable. A neighboring business/house had a car horn going off for 20 minutes. We left at 4:30 as we had an early flight in Tampa. We solely stayed here as we were worried about a serial killer in the Tampa area, so we wanted to be on the island. I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank msum_rose
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

You should've been greeted with a warm welcome, and we apologize if you encountered anything out of the ordinary. Making sure that our guests have a comfortable stay is always our priority, and we would've been more than happy to address any of your concerns right away. As for your credit card copy, that is a normal practice, and we take the privacy and security of our guests' information very seriously. We appreciate you staying with us, and we'll be sure to take your feedback into consideration. -Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

First they screwed up our reservation that was made last January. We reluctantly agreed to take a different suite than the one we reserved. They said they would make it worth our while. Nothing like the one we saw. Wife and I are disabled so we are on the second floor. Carpet old and dirty. Fridge is rusty. Chairs are old and damaged. Ants everywhere. Doors have gaps. I think you get the picture. Will be leaving in a couple of days. Can't wait to see what their idea of "we will make it worth your while" is. Stay tuned...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2018

We always want to make things right for our guests, Mark. Our staff makes sure that everything from the carpet to the furniture in the rooms is cleaned every day, and we're happy to address any concerns that may come up along the way. I hope you have a nice rest of your stay, and don't hesitate to reach out to us directly if we can do anything else for you. -Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed 22 January 2018

This is a review for the "clearwater central" location.This was the lowest priced place on the travel site I was using, so I had very low expectations as it was. I figure, if I'm going to stay in a crappy, outdated, Florida garden-style motel, might as well pay very little for it. And it held true to my expectations. Pros: Cheap!!! Centrally located. Big room. Breakfast included. Cons: Cheap!!! Centrally located. Big room. Breakfast included.

Hear me out.

The room has not been updated in a looooooong time. The carpet, i'm guessing, is from the 90s. It was teal and pink. Or would have been if it was clean. The bathroom was remodeled in the last 20 years. I'd say turn of the century sink counter and tiles. Lots of rusting around the fixtures. There was a distinct lack of furniture in the room. As depicted in the photo, there are two bedside tables and one dresser. They are newer and in fair condition. The tv sits on the dresser. There is a newish microwave and the refrigerator is a nice size. Where there is usually a desk, there is nothing. Where there is usually a small dining table and 2 chairs, there is nothing. There is one chair (as pictured) that was of poor quality and dirty. The bed had a huge rut where I slept and was saggy. The linens consisted of a fixed sheet on the mattress and two flat sheets with a Velox blanket (i didn't even know they still existed!) in between. I have never been to a hotel or motel before that had a flat sheet as the top dressing on the bed.

The included breakfast was minimal, but hey, it saved us about $20 a day. No eggs (not even hard boiled) were offered. Again... cheap.

The Air/heating unit was extremely loud. Not sure if this is a pro or con, as it helped to drown out the noise of the other guests, but also woke me up each time it kicked on. There were no privacy curtains(sheers) even though there was a rod for them, just blackout curtains, so the room was either extremely dark or completely exposed.

My opinion is that this place is alright if you are looking for the cheapest place to stay for a night or two.

Stayed: January 2018
1  Thank fourlittlebirds
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

Our goal is to provide guests with a comfortable stay, Sally. Everything from the carpet to the furniture in your room should've been clean, and we check daily to make sure that's the case. We're committed to doing everything we can to make sure you're happy, which is why we're always available to address any concerns you may have with your room too. We're always looking for ways to improve on the overall experience, which is why we appreciate feedback such as yours. I appreciate you visiting and letting us know about your time here. -Kelly, General Manager

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Place was ok needs update fresh paint new carpets little TLC. For what we paid it did just fine.They have a free buffett breakfast which was average waffles cereal biscuits toast yogurt juice and coffee.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 December 2017

This hotel does not have the basics...no service, not clean, noisy, beds wobble, couldn't get housekeeping, and the keys weren't reliable. The best part was the dog walk but that was ruined by the way the staff reacted to our dogs. We have 3 very well behaved dogs, 2 of which are under 6 months old. They all have had professional training and are very calm. The housekeeper refused to enter the room even when they were kenneled and one of us was in the room. The head housekeeper assailed us with dog horror stories and insinuated that our dogs were violent and all dogs were to be feared all the time; and I quote: " your dogs, even the little dogs, could, you know, just break out of the kennel and attack at any time, and no one knows about dogs. We just don't know what dogs will do, I mean, dogs are just mean!" She then spent a long time explaining how the regulars know to call and schedule cleaning. So we did, and still nothing. We had to check out and find other lodging just to get towels and the beds made.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel Y
MagnusonClearwater, Owner at Magnuson Hotel Clearwater Central, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2018

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay, Rachel. While I'm glad you enjoyed our dog walk, I wish you had felt that your dogs were welcome here. Though our housekeeping staff may have had personal negative experiences with dogs in the past, I can assure you they were simply explaining their hesitance around all dogs -- we certainly did not intend to insinuate that yours were not well behaved. Our supervisor does check rooms daily to make sure housekeeping is up to par, so I'm not sure why you had trouble scheduling cleaning -- I'll look into the situation to ensure it doesn't happen again. Please feel free to reach out if you'd like to discuss this further.

Kelly, General Manager