All reviews retro style frenchy's saltwater cafe clearwater beach free laundry retro feel quick walk to the beach walking distance fish house beach towels sand toys great place to stay full size refrigerator first floor water view small hotel fresh towels pool area
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

My daughter and I booked a bay view for 4 nights; we were pleasantly surprised at exactly how beautiful the view actually was. It was wonderfully relaxing just watching the boats coming in and out from our balcony. Our room was super clean with everything we needed....and more! Let me just say, the fresh towels smelled so good!!! I was really surprised to discover that beach umbrellas and chairs were on hand to borrow; there was even sunscreen and aloe. The pool area was clean and comfortable- very inviting with pool towels at the ready. From check-in to checkout, the staff was always helpful and so friendly. We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We were so pleasantly surprised at this little hotel. We were more than happy with our room. Sooooo cute and impeccably clean. Walking distance to EVERTHING. Walgreens across the street has all you would ever need, including alcohol. Best hotel I've stayed at by far. Not a fan of the huge showy high rises. Quiet too. LOVE IT!!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Man you get a ton for your money here.

Pro's:
Spacious rooms
Kitchenette with all of the cookware you need. (Only one of everything, except silverware)
Spacious balcony w/ 2 chairs and table
Free laundry rooms!
Free in room coffee
Great staff
Walking distance to several shops & restaurants
2 blocks to public beach access
Relaxed feel

Cons:
No overhead light/ ceiling fan in main room
No fan or vents in bathroom (gets SUPER hot and muggy after a hot shower)
No hangers in closet to hang clothes
Small pool, while kept nicely... did get crowded.
Wifi is not very strong so some games or apps do not work well
Housekeeping is an additional fee at a pricey $20 per day.

Overall we were pleasantly surprised and we will for sure be back. I would suggest an upper level room for a bit more privacy. Lower level patios go right out to back walkway and dock area.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank mattnheaz
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We loved our time at Frenchy's Oasis Motel. It was a $35 taxi ride from the airport and we never needed to rent a car! Everything you could want is within walking distance or they have free (you need to tip) cab rides around town. We had a room on the port side and it was great!! The dolphin swimming around that people talk about actually happened for us too!! It was so cool!!! I wouldn't recommend visiting the aquarium, it was a waste of money. But all of the restaurants in the area were so great!!! We loved Frenchy's across the street. I love crab and She Crab soup is the best! I ordered it my last day and I am kind of glad b/c I would have just ate that the whole time and not tried out other places. Cooter's, Extreme Pizza, Crabby's and the orange chicken from the small Chinese place next to Suntrust are delish also! Thank you so much for a great vacation for my husband, myself and our 15 year old daughter.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank JessB67502
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We loved everything about Frenchy's. The price of our room fit our budget perfectly. It was large, clean and had everything we needed. We especially loved the full sized fridge to hold our water bottles and left overs from a few of our dinners.Our daughter loved the pool. It was hard to get her to go to the beach. They had pool toys and beach items that we could borrow, which was great. Everything was in easy walking distance. We loved Frenchy's Salt water Cafe that was right across the street. We also loved that our room overlooked the bay. We sat out there every morning and evening to enjoy the view. We were lucky enough to see dolphins and a rainbow.We would definitely stay here again and recommened it to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family