All reviews room was clean clearwater beach busy intersection free breakfast phillies spring training yogurt i highly recommend this hotel king bed stayed here for nights location was perfect dunedin channels
Reviewed 7 June 2017

I was very disappointed in this property. The room was not terrible, but it had a very musty damp smell. When we checked in my business colleague was given a room that was already occupied. This should "NEVER" happen. I am a hospitality Security Manager and this hotel seems to do this more frequently than others, because the previous reviewer, had the same thing happen. How would you like to be in a room, where you expect to have privacy, only to have someone walk into your room. Ridiculous. The breakfast area, is a mix and match of two different types of tables that look like they were picked up at an auction, and there were 3 different kinds of chairs. There is a disgusting mustard colored see thru curtain at the back window near the Business Center. The business center has two computers, only 1 of which actually showed us a screen. We could not open any documents, and the other one never turned on. There is a sign in there that tells guests that if you need to print any documents, then the front desk will be happy to print them for us. After messing with this dinosaur for 45 minutes, we went to the front desk, they told us that we could use the new computer that they have in the lobby. This one has a sign that computer is for boarding passes only, and for the internet, use the computer in the business center. This new computer in the lobby, has a huge screen, which is a joke when you are sitting right in front of it. When we went to print some work documents, we soon realized that this computer did not have any Microsoft products installed. So one can't read, or print any Word or Excel documents. Then, when I converted these documents in PDF format, when I tried to print them, the printer wasn't installed correctly, and the day's frustrations continued. Work then required that I extend my stay 1 more night. I checked with the front desk clerk and asked him if he could re-program my key to allow for the additional day, and he said the key will still work. I did not tell him that I had significant experience with hotel security matters, but asked him why a key would continue to work after I was originally scheduled to check out. He said sometimes they do continue to work, and sometimes they don't. The fact that he doesn't know exactly how the system works, is a very scary thought. A key should "NEVER" continue to work after a guest is scheduled to check out. At reputable establishments, keys are programmed to automatically expire and become useless, in order to protect the next guest. The staff I was dealing with was very professional and friendly and did re-program my key to allow for the additional day, but between his lack of knowledge of security procedures, and the fact that our original check in host gave my colleague a key to a room that was already occupied, it's quite obvious that some serious changes need to take place. I also wouldn't count on high quality fitness equipment either. These were in terrible condition as well.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Hello skpr77,

Thanks for staying with us recently and for writing us a review. I am truly sorry for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. I see that you were dismayed with the amenities and services you received from our staff. I have taken notes of your comments and will forward this to the upper management of the hotel for improvements made.

Again, I appreciate you taking your time to send us a feedback. I look forward for you to stay with us again in the future and see the improvements made.

Kind Regards,

Dianne L.

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We are Gold members and stay at HIE properties regularly, but this one needs some more attentive management.

We booked a King Room and the first assigned room was actually already occupied. Embarrassing to open a door and find the room occupied. The second assigned room had a non-functional HVAC system, inoperative lights and a ripped up couch. 3rd room was okay, but small things caught my attention; no Kleenex in the dispenser, dirty windows, etc.

I want to stress that the service was excellent, from the desk to the breakfast service. The desk clerk apologized and awarded me some extra points for the inconveniences. We were a few minutes late for breakfast but the very nice lady helped us out to get some food.

As a business owner, it is my view that top management needs to step up their game.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Hello Mike K!

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Clearwater/Us 19 N, FL and for being an IHG Rewards Club Gold member. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about our staff.

However, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the HVAC, bathroom amenities and the window cleanliness. We will address these concerns. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Orlando A.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

First the things I like. Keep in mind what you like, are used to, and what you perceive as good or bad is very subjective. The staff were all nice and friendly. They greet you and say hello when you walk past. The hotel is a great location for beach access, restaurants, stores (Target, Costco, etc.), and easy access to downtown and St. Pete. The maid service was good and my room was clean and the bed was decent. Now the things I did not like. The hotel simply looks and feels like an older rundown hotel. I suspect they get a lot of kids and families that visit the beach and the hotel shows it. Walking down the hallway to my room, there was lots of noise and some people had their doors open like at a flop house. The hotel walls, elevator, exterior of the buildings looks old and dingy. Parking can be a challenge too. I check in and checked a day later. There are far better choices close by than staying at this hotel. Again, it all depends on your perspective. If you want a close hotel to walk to Spectrum Field, this will be a good choice. Overall this hotel was a bad choice for business travel for my taste buds and preferences.

One more thing to consider: The hotel is immediately next to a strip club. This can be good or bad depending on your perspective. I believe your room key gets you in for free.

Room tip: If you are a business traveler, get a room at another hotel.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Clearwater / US 19N, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Hi Bobbjac,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Clearwater/US 19 N, FL for your lodging needs, your feedback is important. I regret to learn that we missed to provide you with a more stellar experience as you were letdown by our hotel's overall upkeep particularly the public areas and parking situation. On the plus side, I am glad that you have taken note of our location's convenience to the beach, restaurants, and downtown. Additionally, your kind remarks for our courteous staff will definitely make their day and be assured that your review will be shared to the management to help improve areas that need additional attention.

Thanks again for the candid review and I hope we get another opportunity to host you should your travels bring you back to the area.

Kind Regards,

Jillian I

Reviewed 22 March 2017

The hotel is clean and the free breakfast is fantastic. Moreover, the walk to Spectrum Field to see spring training baseball was 10 minutes. I was also impressed with the service. Amazingly, we could get into our room when we arrived at 1030AM. The staff was very friendly regardless of their job. We will be back again for spring training baseball and this hotel is our first choice!

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

We were looking for a place for four families to stay while in town for a funeral. We wanted something conveniently located to Clearwater and Gulfport, affordable, clean, and comfortable. This hotel met all of our needs quite nicely. Clean rooms, comfortable beds, convenient locations and helpful staff. We particularly liked that they had several different room and suite options for families of different sizes. The pool did look a bit small, but we never used it. The breakfast had a reasonably varied selection. I would stay here again (hopefully under better circumstances).

Date of stay: March 2017