All reviews terrace bar valet parking clearwater beach complimentary breakfast beautiful hotel within walking distance live music breakfast staff breakfast area gulf side pool area valet staff pool and hot tub spring break across the street bay view comfortable rooms
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location, but no parking available, unless you want to pay $18. Swiming pool in first level, ocean level, which is good, but towels ned to be requested at floor #6 (location of front desk). Guest need to sign off on the towels.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hampton Inn & Suites Clearwater Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Safari632907,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We really appreciate your comments and we're very sorry that you were not aware of our parking fees at the time of booking. We will address your comments about the towels with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your feedback is genuinely appreciated as it is the first step in helping us improve our services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I started staying here in Nov.2017 and have always come back. The quality of service, the friendly helpful people, the awesome room that was quiet, room-darkening shades, a nice cozy bed, and a great bathroom.

Room tip: any room is good.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Hampton Inn and Suites in Clearwater Beach was a lovely, clean hotel with a great pool, small but quiet beach, and wonderful breakfast. Great for our extended family trip with Grandma, parents and 4 year old twin boys. Rhonda was very sweet and wonderful with our boys. Jill was helpful at check in and check out. This is a very busy hotel, but we never felt overwhelmed by a crowd. Lots of family friendly restaurants around. Great mini golf right across the street. Mandatory valet. Some red tide in the area, but beach at this hotel and immediate surrounding area seemed untouched. Would definitely visit again and recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel was an excellent value. Compared to the room rates of other beachfront hotels I feel the Hampton is a great deal. The beach is lovely. My room was very clean and comfortable, and I loved the balcony and the view from my room. It is centrally located so you can pretty much walk anywhere you need to, though there is a trolley available also. The staff was very friendly, especially the bartender in the Bistro (don't recall her name but she was awesome!)My only complaint was the "forced" valet parking. Would have been better if I could just grab my car myself when I needed it. Overall though, this hotel is great and I will definitely stay again!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's right on the beach and they have suites that sleep 6 (hard to find!) at a reasonable price also look at their promo deals on their web site. We used a "long weekend" rate. The studio suite we stayed in had 2 queens and a pull out. It was very spacious and we weren't tripping over each other, awesome with a family of 6! The beds are amazing (pull out is a different story - see cons below). The customer service was great. Jill in particular was just amazing! Rooms were clean. Housekeeping did an excellent job. The breakfast included make your own waffles, eggs, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal etc. It varied from day to day and was about what I'd expect, a good breakfast that catered to everyone in my family, but not the most amazing breakfast ever. For the price (included in your room rate, so FREE, you can't beat it!) We had a ocean view suite. I'd highly recommend it. The view and the balcony and ocean breeze were amazing. The hotel starts on the 6th floor and there's a covered roof top terrace that's lovely for hanging out, getting drinks, chatting, playing corn hole etc. Breakfast is on that floor and my boys had the freedom to go to breakfast on their own, which was nice for them! If you are out on the beach and look down to the right, you will see a kayak rentals, jet skis rental etc. We took out a jet ski (just do a1/2 hr, that's plenty and do it before noon, so you get a discount). The beach is a public area and ALL beach areas in Clearwater have rental chairs and umbrellas. It's $20/day here for 2 chairs and an umbrella. If you don't want to pay, buy a cheap chair for your stay or just use a towel (beach towels complimentary at the front desk). At the pool, which is a beautiful heated pool with hot tub, chairs and umbrellas are free. Beach and pool area were both beautifully maintained and no signs of red tide in this area. There is a nearby bar. About once an hour or so, a server will walk around the beach and pool area to see if you'd like to place an order. You can't charge it to your room and the 10% discount for Hilton Honors doesn't apply to drinks, only to food. So have a credit card if you want to order. The service is a bit slow. (This is NOT a hotel service, it's a separate bar next to the hotel). You do have to valet park at this hotel. They are very efficient and friendly. There is a daily charge, I think $18-20. I had Sharon Denton come and do a private yoga class for a family at 8am one day on the beach. That was a great experience! We also had used Captain Allen's Aquatic Adventures to do water sports (wake board, tubing, knee boarding, etc) - boys love that! Plenty of great restaurants and the pier all within walking distance. .7 miles to the pier.

I'd really give this hotel 4.5 starts vs. 5 if I could though. I do have a few cons. Things to know, but I would absolutely stay here again!

The couch itself is a small sectional, beautiful aqua blue, and very comfortable, but the pull out portion has a paper thin mattress and is awful to sleep on. After the first night, I asked for a roll away so one person could sleep on that and one on the couch (not folded out) vs 2 people on the pull out. No roll aways though. I asked again for the next night, but again no roll aways, no extra mattress they could bring up, etc. They did send up some extra blankets and sheets to "pad", but that didn't solve the problem. Given that it was a sectional for nights 2 and 3 we slept one person on each side of the "L". This only works for 5' and under though, it's a smallish sectional. It worked, but not idea. Unfortunately this seems to be the standard with hotel pull outs. I wish they'd do more rooms with 3 queen beds!

The other con, and I think this is just for rooms overlooking the beach, the hotel 2 doors down (where you can rent jet skis) plays live music (some of which I like and some that I didn't) LATE into the evening, well past 11pm and you can hear it even with the sliding balcony door closed. The music made it hard to fall asleep, especially if sleeping on the pull out. This was true every night we were there - Sat, Sun, Mon. So not just a "weekend" thing. I'd still stay in an oceanfront room, but it wasn't ideal. This is beyond the hotel's control. Also it makes it hard to listen to your own music which we love to do.

Even with the cons, I'd definitely stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family