“A little less than I expect from a Holiday Inn”

Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Cape Coral
Crawfordville, Fl
“A little less than I expect from a Holiday Inn”
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and my experiences there have been pretty pleasurable. This one was a cut below the rest. The staff were welcoming and hospitable enough and the room was clean enough, The mattress had a skimpy pad on it which didn't do much to offset the overly firm mattress. Another anoyance was the very loud bathroom fan that kicked on with the light and couldn't be turned off separately. Add to that a loud AC/heat unit and it was a pretty noisy environment. The towels were unbelievably stiff and hard. I actually went through a few trying to find a soft one. There were a couple positive things - the shower head was one of those rain forest types that felt truly luxurious and the cinnamon buns offered at the free morning buffet were as goood as they have ever been. I think overall, that for the price, I expect a little more overall.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Cherylm1cat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mississippi
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We always stay here when we visit family in the area. This hotel is pet friendly with a $15 pet fee. At check in the person was very rude. She was complaining that she was the only one working and there were a lot of people checking in. I was the only person at the front desk trying to check in at 3:30pm. She was on the phone with a customer trying to make a reservation and when she hung up with that person, instead of helping me, she told me she needed to call another customer back. Then took another call. Not very good customer service. The person at check out(different person) was rude also. Everyone I came in contact with seemed to hate their job. Room smelled. Pool area is great.

1 Thank jkdaves
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I was in town to take a 3 day class. I booked this hotel with no hassle or problem. I checked in late at night and when I got to my room realized the refrigerator was not working. I called the front desk and she quickly found me a new room and brought me the key cards. No fuss no muss. The room was spacious, comfortable and attractive - the wifi was not the fastest, but it got the job done. Complimentary breakfast was kind of disappointing, more variety would have been appreciated.

Staff was friendly and helpful. During my stay the Cape Coral art festival ran - the hotel was absolutely booked for part of my stay - my room was still quiet and my sleep undisturbed. The balcony was an added luxury.

I recommend this hotel if you're looking for a basic room with nice amenities. I didn't get a chance to try the pool or gym. It also would have been nice to have a microwave in the room.

Room Tip: I was on the Cape Coral Boulevard side of the building - some of my classmates were on the other si...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank MaureenConnor
Farmington Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Got a good price on priceline by bidding! We have always had good luck with bidding since we are budget travellers who like a clean hotel at a decent price($50-$60 including taxes).

This hotel was very clean, the staff was very helpful & friendly. We really liked the good continental breakfast - loved the warm egg & cheese omelet, instant pancakes(wonderful pancake machine). The spanish lady making the breakfast spread was catering to a very demanding crowd but was always so pleasant & accomodating. Kudos for her good service1

Location- wise: Would not recommend since we have to pay a toll of $2 everytime you entered the island of Cape Coral.

was wonderful.

1 Thank world7explorer
Lake Worth, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

South Florida in high season value. Not fancy, but rooms are comfortable size, clean and well maintained. Has a pool (we don't use so I cannot review it) and buffet breakfast included. We came in very late one night, free coffee containers were empty so they made a pot for me. Have used this hotel as a base when visiting relatives rather than touring therefore can't give review of proximity to beaches or other sites.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for even numbered rooms which face the parking lot rather than the b...
2 Thank Traveller34372
2.6 km away
Casa Loma Motel on the Waterfront
10.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Myers - Colonial Blvd

Been to Holiday Inn Express Cape Coral/Fort Myers Area? Share your experiences!