“Hidden charm”

Ranked #11 of 464 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We fell into this place because the nearby place we had hoped to visit was overflowing. What a great find. We were treated like royalty by the owner. Sitting outside, although close to DelPrado, it was quiet, surrounded by plants, lovely, especially after a busy workday. We were a little skeptical at first because it was quiet. Wrong! The food was fresh, seasoned just right, and in good supply. Crab cakes, cod, shrimp...wonderfully fresh. Yum!!! I am from New England and a real fish snob, hard to please. Then we had 'Irish cannoli.' I am not a dessert person but I am now addicted. Try this hidden treasure. Not fancy, just right.

1  Thank Deborah W

Reviewed 6 April 2018

I really WANTED to like this place a lot, but being a slight germiphobe, I struggled.... I can't say it was dirty, exactly, but in my opinion it was a bit "over decorated" and the upholstery on the chairs was soiled, and the carpet looked old, and in general I think they would profit greatly by a facelift- new upholstery, at least, on the chairs, new carpet, and a good, THOROUGH cleaning. The food was ok. Free shared dessert a nice touch.

1  Thank goldpedler
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The food was amazing and Al was a perfect host. Next time we're in Fort Myers we'll be sure to be back!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 March 2018

This is one of my favorite places for seafood. We had Fried Green Tomatoes - This battered and deep-fried southern delicacy, for an appetizer. For entrees we had Seafood & Veggies - 5oz Grilled Scrod, 5 Broiled Shrimp on veggies & pasta, and Golden Fried Fisherman's Platter - Golden Fried Scrod, Sea Scallops, Gator, Calamari & Shrimp served with french fries. As is the norm, the seafood was cooked properly and the Italian Cannoli was its usual super sweet self. (Only glitch was having to chase a beverage refill.) No reason to even think about not returning.

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome dinner with friends. Al and crew presented another great feast
Quaint out of the way “Funky Florida “ motif - food and atmosphere are the reasons oldest restaurant in Cape Coral.