“Pleasant and off-beat”

Ranked #12 of 472 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Price range: US$7 - US$14
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A few lines to introduce myself. My name is Al Whelan, I am from Boston and worked at a famous "waterfront dive" known as Kelly's Landing. A seafood business in a Catholic community with lines down the street, literally. I worked there for five summers and enjoyed every minute of it. My first date with the counter girl (she couldn't resist a man in a paper hat), my first kiss, etc. One rule was demanded, cooking with clean oil! In those days it was lard! Today we use canola oil both on the grill side and on the fry side... Most of our dinners are on the grill side. Fish shrimp, scallops, steaks, ribs, chicken and pork round off our menu. Our Irish Connoli is like a little piece of heaven and our homemade bread pudding is to die for. Both topped off with sweet whipped cream. We've added a 6000 square foot patio surrounded by trees. A truly private and romantic spot. Also some added features such as, a basketball cage, beer pong table and corn hole court.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

I have been here many times and it is always worth returning to. We had fried calamari for an appetizer - it was very tender and had been cooked in clean oil. There were two minor downs on this dish. One - the breading needed seasoning. Two - the tomato sauce was bland and on the watery side. For entrees we had crab cakes and the fishermen's platter. The crab cakes were tasty but could have been improved by decreasing the amount of breading mixed in. The fisherman's platter was good - again the meal had been cooked in a clean oil. And the Irish cannoli was good as usual. The owner, Al, was there and was his usual jovial self.

1  Thank Norman C

Reviewed 31 December 2017

This is Cape Coral's hidden gem.. good food, great owner.. May take a little longer for food to come out, but well worth it...

1  Thank yrrets
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Fantastic place to eat at. It’s off the beaten path. It’s well worth it! Great environment and friendly staff

1  Thank Fearless558795
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Great food good service highly recommend ...owner is very friendly and it is very family oriented. Gave my four year old sister two toys to take home.

1  Thank Madison K
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Must stop. Hard to find. Nice food and wonderful owner interaction. Give it a try! Try the irish cannoli!

2  Thank Michael D