“Family dinner ”
Review of Slate's

Slate's
Ranked #7 of 481 Restaurants in Cape Coral
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Causal fine dinning with a Cajun twist. Reservations encouraged.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Beyond fabulous! We found Slates in an advertisement, searched it out and this is beyond fabulous! The food, drink, dessert, what can we say. This is our special go to place❤️

Date of visit: November 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have to drop a quick note thanking the people of Slates - The staff was amazing this morning, starting with the Host who was super friendly and got me seated right away, to my server who patiently explained the menu and help guide me and finally to the kitchen who pumped out some amazing food. I went for the Bloody Mary bar and a champagne Benedict. The Bloody Mary bar was amazing - we are talking about Cajun bacon, large shrimp, raw oysters, okra, spicy carrots, + more, and I hadn't even gotten to the Bloody Mary its self. Seriously will be back time and time again for that one! One of the best brunches I've been to. Would highly recommend if you are in the Cape - give the Jazz Brunch a try, you won't be disappointed

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a wonderful place - an escape if you will from that "Florida feel" which is created by the influx of seasonals. While they drive the economy they don't ride the palate for food.

Slate's is an excellent little NOLA style restaurant that offers traditional menu items alongside some "a la grand-mère" or grandmother style. Now don't get me wrong, I mean this in the best way possible.

As an escaped Canadian myself, I can empathize with the bayou bound relatives who also from Canada wanted to reminisce about some of the formal french cuisine that was brought down to the Louisianna regions and adapted for the regional offerings.

This is great food, in an awesome environment prepared and served up by some wonderful people. Tristan and Robin - who by the way are mom and son... served us respectively - (Robin on the first visit and Tristan on the second) both are well informed, helpful and downright fun to interact with. They (Slate's) even offer live jazz, and if you close your eyes - there you are... Canal Street...Really great sounding jazz.

I traditionally visit a place twice before leaving a review to ensure it wasn't a hit or miss situation. Let's start with the first night my wife and I dined there two weeks ago today (11/16/2018).

We started with Oyster's Rockefeller - a classic - 5 plump and juicy oysters done to perfection. Next, up Bayou Bread a great combination Bayou Bread - crostini bread topped with our cajun bacon, fresh pico de gallo and crumbled blue cheese. Very piquant - with a unique aftertaste due to the blue cheese - being of Danish heritage - this is a no-brainer.

Our mains - for my wife - Shrimp and grits. Can't go wrong - awesome. Mine - Cajun Bouillabaisse - A zesty Cajun saffron broth stocked with shrimp, mussels, clams, oysters, snapper, lobster and Andouille sausage - gone before you could say " choot em" delicious. Desert? Of course and why not when they offer homemade salted caramel ice cream and pecan pie with a thin little crust - goddamn y'all.

Tonight - no different - so good we will be back again and again - I'm a sucker for a good steak and I was not disappointed. ! A 16oz Porterhouse with an oyster and a shrimp, on top of a bed of creamed spinach and creole seasoned potatos....so delicious. My wife had ....you guessed it shrimp and grits....guess what's for breakfast for me? She never seems to eat it all - must have been all the appetizers - I plum forgot - Bayou bread again, Oysters Lafayette and Fried Green Tomato's - burp.
Coffee and another slice of that pie.... who needs their Banna's Foster Cheesecake? Well, that would be me next time.... GO!

1  Thank foodexperts
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Nice place with jazz music playing and white table cloths suggesting a bit of formality. Husband had stuffed mushrooms and stuffed chicken that night and i had a salad with the triple tail fish entree. They accommodated a dairy and gluten allergy fine but my entree could have been tastier hence the 4 star. The jazz in the background was a beautiful touch. Husbands food was great, ambiance superb and menu variety inclusive. Go here to eat!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is one of those out-of-the-way special finds - a truly gourmet restaurant with all the fine dining touches. Food was wonderful, ambiance and service first class. The live jazz was another special bonus. Definitely recommend - we will return often. So glad we found Slate's in the Cape.

Date of visit: October 2018