“ok for sweets”
Review of Miami Bakery Cafe

Miami Bakery Cafe
Ranked #13 of 17 Bakeries in Cape Coral
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Miami Bakery Cafe, Hancock Bridge Parkway, Cape Coral, Fl., Here is my 2 cents on the food and chatter.
Chit chat... This is a small place that seems to be a hangout out for those who speak spanish as their first language. So it helps if you speak spanish or can just point at what you like.
The food...., The coffee is very good if you like it strong. I have tried a variety of the cookie and pastries. Though not as good as a true european bakery it passes for sweetness.
I tried the cubano. It suck. the portion was small and the pork tenderloin was dry and stringy.
Service was quick.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The old Guide Michelin used to have a "worth a side trip" category. We just planned our trip to the airport so we could get off 75, go into Cape Coral and enjoy pastry and cuban coffee. Today we were early enough for cheese and guava. But it was too early for the wonderful cuban sandwiches. Nice staff and amazingly low prices.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Today was my second trip to Miami Bakery. Normally we just buy their Senorita pastries for a snack, but today we included trying their menu items. I had the Cuban sandwich, my girlfriend had the pork sandwich, her son had the Cuban hamburger, and our daughters split a chicken sandwich. The prices ranged from $4.50 to $5.50 for each item, and by the quality of the ingredients the sandwiches would have been a bargain at $9 each. The pork was a little dry in my girlfriend's sandwich, but the delicate spices were in full swing and made up for that small shortcoming. The portions were huge and the home-style preparation easily beets the "other" $5 footlong chain hands down. Add to that the shot of Cuban coffee I had and I might as well have been in Havana. Oh, and we had Senoritas too, and as always they were fantastic.

Reviewed 3 September 2012

I had their bread and it was authentic and quite good. I have not had any other of their baked goods but I can attest theat their bread was good and I can recommend them. Their bread is also availabler in some other shops, so look for them.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

Tres Leches - I ordered a cake from Miami bakery for a surprise party I was having for my husband. I bought it to the restaurant and after dinner the staff brought it out and cut it. It was so thin and runny they had to get a spoon to scoop it out. It was so sweet no one not one single person out of 15 could eat it. They must have put way too much condensed milk in it. Totally inedible! The following morning I returned to the bakery to give the owner a chance to make things right and she basically called me a liar and said thats the way it's supposed to be. No apology or anything. So I think others should know not to give any money to businesses that run like this. I will tell everyone I know never to go here!