All reviews tiki hut live music on the weekends continental breakfast nice tiki bar pool area stayed nights sanibel island cape refrigerator florida linens checkin
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

4th time staying at the Dolphin Key Resort and again all staff was great, I enjoyed all 14 days I stayed there . It was a very relaxing, and all of the guests were friendly and fun to talk with and spend time with at the Tiki hut, also in the pool

Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 July 2018

Pulled up to this motel, and IMMEDIATELY regretted my decision. Photos of establishment online DO NOT accurately represent its actual condition. Checked in to (2) rooms. IMMEDIATELY found various bugs (including a bed bug), bodily fluid stains, random hairs and overall deplorable conditions.
Went to front desk and they could not provide refund, as we purchased through Orbitz. They offered another room (seriously?), and we just left and went to the Omni.
I am in the middle of a dispute with Orbitz, as this motel lied to Orbitz, saying they don't have bugs and offered us another room, but we refused. Look at the attached pictures and think to yourself if you would have just stayed at another room in this place.
PS: I also have a video I shot of a bug feverishly crawling around the wall as soon as I walked in.

Room Tip: Choose another establishment at which to stay.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
4  Thank hagan73
Magdalena T, Owner at Dolphin Key Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Anonymous,

This is not what social media is for. We took your disappointment seriously. It is summer in Florida and there can be bugs somewhere. However your complaint to us was not about the bugs, which is why you didn't want another room, What you said was that the hotel was not a Resort. That the name implied that we had tennis courts etc. and that we were by the ocean.
To future guest note please that we are in Downtown Cape Coral next to a canal and nearest beach is 2 miles away. We do have a big heated swimming pool, rental bikes and a big Tiki Bar with live entertainment.
If you book through an on-line travel agency, we can't change your reservation, as you have a contract with them, not us.
We would love to have the opportunity to make your stay the best possible and that you can have access to the best rooms, so for reservation please call us or go to our own web-site.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Another good place we all visited, great live music although extremely loud, nice cold drinks and a great atmosphere, a cracking afternoon with nice people! very worth finding this place if you can, well built in the Tiki Hut style, we will be back sometime.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2018

The new upgraded rooms are nice. We have been there many times. And love the rooms and pool area. I was told the other 30 rooms are to be upgraded soon. The Tiki bar being attached with music every night with different bands are the best around.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

I love this place. The staff is friendly and the rooms are clean. There is a great tiki bar here, and the continental breakfast is no worse or better than anyplace else You are nearby just about anything that you need! This is my second time here and we will be back!!! Must take a trip To Dixie Roadhouse while you’re here too!! Rockin’
the country!!!