“Great food, but it's a little on the trashy side as far as the patrons go”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Tip A Few Tavern & Grille - CLOSED

Tip A Few Tavern & Grille
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television
Description: Long-standing, friendly, local's favorite "Tip a Few" in Cape Canaveral is under NEW OWNERSHIP! Better food, Colder Beer, and the FRIENDLIEST staff in Brevard! Family friendly! Children's Menu Available. Bring your pets and sit on the patio (We LOVE dogs!) Featuring over 20 TVs and the NFL Sunday Ticket, so you never miss a game! (Yes, even outside and in the bathrooms.) State of the art Touchtunes Mega Jukebox with photo booth, Fooseball, and Billiards! Come take a look at the NEW Tip-A-Few! You won't be disappointed...Guaranteed! (sorry, cash only - ATM available)
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, but it's a little on the trashy side as far as the patrons go”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

It's weird to walk into a joint that still allows smoking in the dinning area. We are not smokers but have been going to Tip a Few every visit to the area for the really good burgers and the wait staff are excellent. But I have to say the last time we were there, February (around the 15th?) there was a car accident on the street outside. Crude, drunk patrons of the bar spilled out and were yelling "Is he dead?" Total idiots. The place is grungy but if you want that "white-trash" feeling - then you're in the right place. Great hamburgers/wings/sides but be sure to order your burger 'well done" or you will get a burger that's red in the centre I'm pretty sure that's not healthy.

It's a lot to put up for a good burger - go to Rubio's for a casual tasty and healthy option! Great coffee but no liquor license.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank CrabbieAple

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
“Good bar near the port”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If we hadn't already had plans to stop here for dinner, there would have been no doubt that we would have driven right past Tip A Few Tavern and not have had another thought about the place.

With a small sign along the road and the building darker in the front compared to its neighbors, Tip A Few is definitely a hidden gem on Florida's Space Coast.

We both ordered cheeseburgers, as that is what the place is best known for. They were juicy, perfectly cooked, had the right amount of cheese on them, and served with lettuce and tomato; ketchup, steak sauce, Tabasco, and a few other sauces were available on the table, and our waitress brought me mayonnaise as well.

I ordered the potato salad as my side, which was done perfectly - I could have ordered an entire plate of just that and been happy. My lovely dining partner ordered the onion rings, which were crispy and onions were plentiful (not just breading).

There are tables for diners, or you can choose to sit at the bar, which is fully stocked with beers both commercial and a few locals, and liquors.

The restaurant is smoking friendly. We were sitting next to a couple who smoked, and near the bar, and other then when we walked directly past the couple, we didn't notice it (and I am very sensitive to cigarette smoke). The restaurant has a good ventilation system, keeps ceiling fans running and on a nice night, such as when we went, had the front door open.

The meal was incredibly satisfying and for two of us, totaled under $30. However, they are cash only, so come prepared. There is an ATM in the restaurant, just in case.

• Visited January 2012
San Diego, California
“Some dives have great food, but this place is not one of those.”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Burgers were gross. Onion rings were way over cooked. Service was excellent. I'd say a good place for some beers and that is about it. The best service can not make up for horrible food. There is outdoor seating for those who don't want to sit in a dark smoke filled room.

3 Thank TravelerNaomi
Cocoa Beach, Florida
“Good Food ...However I saw live Rats running around the kitchen floor.”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I use to eat here until I saw a huge Rat run across the kitchen floor. Then I saw a smaller rat running on a pipe on the side of the wall. Good food, not as good as it use to be, and they removed the T-shirt beer special. 9.95 for 10 wings, they use to be cheaper. Its sad but I will not come back.

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank jason w
Viera, Florida
“Best Burgers!”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

We live close to Tip A Few and often get burgers, wings, and onion rings to go. They are the best burgers around and have good wings also. We tend not to eat inside due to the smoke and bar like atmosphere but awesome food to go!