“For the value, this is excellent”
Review of La Cantina

La Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We are in Cape Canaveral for a week, and after a horrible experience at Milliken's Reef (please see my review before you go to that place), I needed to post a review of this little cantina. This is a small, kinda grimy, dive bar that sells some mexican food. However, we went for happy hour, had a seven dollar pitcher of Amber Bock, and some $1.50 Tacos. The tacos and beer were great, the salsa, not so much. The service here was friendly and homey. Bottom line, this place is a good value and has a quirky, local vibe. I would go here a hundred nights before I would go to Millikens Reef for one.

There are newer reviews for La Cantina

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Great friendly service. Food was really good and they had great variety.

1  Thank Christi P
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I will make this short and unsweet.First off I cant believe that they would call a mexican eatery.I have never had the worst hot sauce ,it looked like they took a can of tomato sauce and put in BIG chucks of onions,raw tomatoes and I guess bell peppers ( could not tell what the floaty thing was).The chips were stale and greasy.I want to tell you about these refried beans I had...pepper pepper pepper can someone get me a little less pepper in these beans and I dont think they were even done when they got mashed (if you cook beans you know what I mean by this frase).The entrees were not good at all,but I ate the food because the owner did not seem very friendly and would had made us pay for our food anyway! But atleast the waitress was friendly.Should have gone to Taco Bell and forget that we ever came here!

3  Thank maria_arizola
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Daily mexican specials are great as the cooks really know their stuff. The shredded Chicken Burritos with hot sauce, plenty of chips and Corona are great! Fresh sangria, tortilla, homemade chips, beer, good juke box selection, friendly bartenders, wait staff, and the best grilled/blackened mahi sandwich with lots of local characters makes for a good time.

Reviewed 14 March 2012

We stopped in for lunch, never having been there before. We wanted to try something different. Every time in the past they would advertise live mariachi band but we never had time to go in. So finally, months later, we were visiting Cocoa beach and decided to take a lunch there. We were very pleasantly surprised. All the food was very fresh, great service, awesome flavors. We were very satisfied with our lunch and took home left overs! Great value as well.