“Fabulous place to stay ”

The Hare and Hounds Restaurant
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We have just spent 2 nights at The Hare and Hounds and can honestly say it’s one of the best weekend breaks we have had.
We were made to feel very welcome and all the staff are so friendly, nothing is too much trouble. We dined here both evenings and throughly enjoyed all of the food we tried, the breakfast in the morning was also excellent.
We would highly recommend The Hare and Hounds and we will definitely be returning here for another stay.
A big thank you to Kerry for making our stay so enjoyable.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

After reading the recent reviews we were a little worried as we haven’t been here for over a year. However, quite happy to say that we were still impressed with everything! Previously we’ve only eaten here & always had a great meal but this time we decided to stay. Admittedly the room was very cosy, but everything was great! Lovely bed & really soft comfy bedding. Great shower & nice big, clean towels. Really lovely breakfast - the omelette was so tasty! Staff were very friendly. We ate here on one of our nights and all starters and mains we had were fantastic. If you are here on a Thursday, the quiz is great fun! Still happy that it’s the same great pub it always has been, despite previous reviews!!

1  Thank Claire W
Reviewed 10 July 2018

From the outside it may not look much of a place, for example letters missing from the name sign when we went. However, once inside, the friendly service, excellent beer and outstanding food make it well worth a visit. The cheesecake was superb, as was the Hare of the Dog...

Reviewed 4 July 2018

Visited the Hair and Hounds in Bowland Bridge last week while on holiday. Had a good meal, and very good service from the staff, very welcoming and polite. However, it is looking very run down inside, the chairs still creak, and my food was served on a plate with two very visible cracks, and pieces missing from the edge. Not good enough, I would not do this at home and certainly do not want this when I am paying for it! We have visited you each time we are on holiday, but I am afraid that was the last time. Such a shame, but spend some money on the place or your customers will do the walking.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Have had several excellent meals here over the years, but was totally unimpressed by our latest visit. Presumably now under new management as no sign of the lady who was responsible for building the Hare and Hounds' reputation for excellence. We ordered starter of olives and artisan bread, waitress returned to tell us it was not available on the 'new' menu, even though it was printed on the menu we were given - not a good start. My partner's stuffed chicken breast she declared to be just about acceptable, but well short of top class. My ribeye steak was disappointing in terms of size and flavour. It came with unexceptional chips scattered randomly on the plate, a small mushroom and a flavourless tomato. I paid extra for battered onion rings, and although the batter was crisp, there was again no real flavour. At around £25 including the onion rings I thought the dish was overpriced considering the quality and quantity. We had no complaints about the service from the young woman who took the order and served the food, but the overall experience was totally underwhelming, all the more so as this used to be one of our favourite eating places. Anyone who is familiar with the area knows that the H&H is very close to several very good pub/restaurants, and, if our experience is anything to go by, unless they take a good hard look at themselves and the quality of the food on offer, I fear they will struggle.

kerry G, General Manager at The Hare and Hounds Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Good afternoon
Thank You for you review, Im still here although I have had nearly a year away on maternity leave, Im not long back and have a totally new team , Im really surprised you didn't enjoy the food and really sorry to hear that as we have really picked things up since my return with new chefs, I am sure it was a one off and I sincerely hope you will be back to give us another try, as you are quite right that in this area we cannot afford to let standards slip in the slightest, I will also buy you a beer for referring to me as a young woman!! please don't let one disappointing visit deter you from coming when as you say you have had s many good experiences with us and I hope you will have many more.
kind regards