“Amazing seafood - and a Prix Fixe Menu”
Review of The Shrimp Boat

The Shrimp Boat
Ranked #7 of 323 Restaurants in Brandon
Price range: US$9 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2018

We went as a group of 5 on a weeknight, to this comfortable suburban seafood place on Bloomingdale. We were pleasantly surprised to find that they had a large number of fixed price dinners for $21 each, with your choice of half dozen appetizers, 8 or 10 different entrees, and a half dozen or so desserts. Four of us tried the $21 menu, choosing either lobster bisque (the best ever) or crab, shrimp and goat cheese fried bites (outrageously good!). Our entrees ranged from Chateaubriand to Shang-hi tuna with shrimp over fried rice, to BBQ bacon wrapped shrimp skewers over cilantro lime rice to scallops and shrimp over a different fried rice. Our desserts ranged across the menu. One person chose the dail special instead - Black Gouper - blackened, over a bed of fried rice. It was all outrageously good! Ever though it was a busy night, we had attentive service. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed our meals - and the samples we had of each other's meals!

1  Thank happy_in_paris_10

Reviewed 12 September 2018

We decided to dine here for a late dinner on 9/08/2018, as a recommendation from a friend, wasn't crowded at all when we entered all the waiters and waitresses were all hovered around a table across from the bar, so it took a moment for someone to come greet us and seat. Our waiter Sean came over with our menus and took our drink order I ordered water and a glass of Sauvignon blanc I don’t remember the brand, but it was pretty good I had initially ordered the Riesling, but the taste of that brand was not good at all, so I traded that in for the Sauvignon blanc. We ordered the black Grouper with Shrimp Fried Rice and the Grilled Mahi with Cilantro Rice the food didn't take long to come out, when my grouper came out it didn’t look to appetizing as they had plopped a big glob of sautéed spinach on top of my grilled shrimp and fish so I ended up removing most of the spinach and placing it to the side I also would've preferred the shrimp to be more grilled the grouper was cooked perfect and flavorful as well as the Mahi Mahi I wasn't blown away by the preparation of the food or the service and I'm not sure if it was because it was near closing time and maybe everyone was ready to leave but I still expected a certain level of service. I'll have to go back at a different time of day to see if my experience is any different

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Overpriced food and taste was ok. You can get a better meal at home. There’s nothing special about this place. I didn’t like it and I will not come back.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal,shrimp and scallop dish,delish! Romantic atmosphere,good service and a bartender that knows how to make a martini! I highly recommend this place!

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank F5422YIgregm
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Jenna was our server and she was awesome...very attentive and our glasses never ran empty. The food was all very good. We liked everything we ordered. For our appetizer we ordered the crab bites with a dip and it was simply yummy. We will definitely be going back to try other dishes.

1  Thank mchughzoo

Been to The Shrimp Boat? Share your experiences!