“Lunch”

Tres Amigos Cantina
Ranked #60 of 323 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

This was our 1st time here and we stopped for lunch. We were seated at a booth at my request. They gave us complimentary chips and a mild salsa. My husband ordered a steak burrito platter which was very good. He really liked the way, the steak was seasoned. I ordered a Taco Salad and it was also good. I didn't want dressing, so I just asked for extra salsa to put on it. I was very pleased with our food and service. We will definitely go again but I will ask for a table instead of a booth. The booth had a table a leg right at the front of the table and their was no room to get your legs around it, unless you are young. The booth gave us very little room between the seat and the table, so bottom line is get a table when being seated.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a truly unique and delicious surprise for a weekday dining experience. The food was fresh, served piping hot as it should be. The serving staff in particular Trey is to be commend for providing singular service to our eating experience. He was attentive and very knowledgeable of the menu by providing excellent advice to heighten our dinner desires. This restaurant is one of the best in the area and you need to experience the great food.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank Jhonesnaps60
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Our server was great. He was attentive and quick to respond to our needs. The food was bland and what appeared to be previously frozen. Either way it did not taste fresh. This is a poor attempt at mexican food. The salsa had an overpowering onion taste and was extremely watery. The fish was not fresh it was soggy and over salted, probably to dry it out. The Poblano Relleno was oily, flavorless, and the breading was not edible. The refried beans tasted fresh from the can, the rice was decent. Overall the food was very disappointing but our server was great. Nice ambiance with an outdoor area, might be a good place for drinks but would go somewhere else for a good mexican meal.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

For the last six years or so, this has been our favorite place for Mexican food. Sad to say, it no longer will be. The quality and quantity of food has slipped, not a good thing for any restaurant. I always liked the blackened fish tacos - used to get three and mango salsa free. Now only two and the salsa is extra. I still ordered them a few nights ago and dissected my second taco trying to find any fish as the first tasted all lettuce. To no real surprise, there was only a few small “flakes” of fish. My wife’s Cobb salad was similarly skimpy on all ingredients except tons of lettuce - and the chipotle ranch dressing was missing any chipotle! Margaritas were still ok but no bargain at $7.75 each. Searching now for a New Mexican Place. Two stars are generous.....

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 3 January 2018

The unlimited chips and salsa are my favorite. There are veggie burritos and taco salads that taste fantastic (and without the cheese, it becomes vegan)! There aren't any true vegan options, but I modify my order to remove animal products. The waiters are attentive and courteous, but no one ever offers me a refill. I die of thirst before they refill my drink. Not sure why.... Otherwise, it's a great Mexican choice for any meal.

Date of visit: January 2018