“Holy Smokes! You MUST try the fajitas!”

Tres Amigos Cantina
Ranked #62 of 319 Restaurants in Brandon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I visited this place by accident (thanks Garmin). Heading down 75 South, it was about 1:30 pm on a Thursday. I was not really hungry - but figured I should have lunch due to the time. I noticed that when your really hungry, sometimes a restaurant's food tastes better than it really is. I ordered steak & chicken combo fajitas and an ice tea. I DID NOT order anything else, so this review is for the fajitas ONLY. Man, where these good! Chicken and steak were not dried out; the dish did not look like it was going to taste good. You know what that's like. Boy, was I wrong. The only down side was the order was a little on the small side - but it was lunch. Service was good, but there were very few people in the joint.

Reviewed 11 October 2015

We have been here many times. It is amazing. The queso is always on point along with the salsa and fresh tortillas. The meals are always big and filling. Will continue to frequent here!

Reviewed 20 September 2015

I hesitated in rewriting my review for TAC but felt it necessary after ordering the fried ice-cream on our last visit. Especially after singing Tres' praises for our favorite desert.

La esposa and I were really looking forward to ducking in for the crunchy saucy sweet treat only to realize that somebody somewhere switched the recipe!

The crunch was gone; replaced with a sort of stale soggy corn-chip mash that slipped its grip around a ho hum vanilla ice-cream ball. Gone too were the drizzled chocolate and honey syrup topping with whipped cream and a cherry.

So, there you have it. Perhaps the dinner plates continue to please (we did not order dinner) but it looks like we're back at the Metro Tampa Miguel's to fulfill future fried ice-cream fetishes.

To coin a phrase: "Quality is remember long after the price is forgotten."

1  Thank MultiDougster
Reviewed 11 September 2015

Authentic Mexican food, great service and a friendly family place to eat. Quiet and comfortable, my choice for Mexican food!

Reviewed 1 September 2015 via mobile

This place has never let us down. Been many times. We love the food. Alot of food very tasty for decent prices. Also quiet setting and good service.