3,440 results
All reviews private island lazy river tarpon bay cool beans rock climbing wall tanglewood restaurant minute boat ride fire pit big hickory island sister property beautiful property business conference adult pool self parking corner room pool area time share
Reviewed 31 July 2015

The Hyatt Regency Coconut Point is the only hotel we stay at on the west coast of Florida. It's perfect for adults and/or kids. The amenities are endless and fun! Amenities include a lazy river, boat ride to their private island and a free umbrella and chair worth alone $20.00. They offer s'mores by the fire pit and several pools to satisfy everyone in the family.

Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
1  Thank teresabD3121MJ
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2015

Thank you teresabD3121MJ for a wonderful review. We thank you for your loyalty and are delighted to read that you had so much fun during your stay. We strive to provide a great value to our guests with a variety of activities and amenities to satisfy every member of the family. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort very soon.

Reviewed 30 July 2015

We traveled to this resort as a party of about 30 people, half adults, half children ranging from 6 months - 14 years old. Sadly, it rained the entire weekend so we couldn't experience all this resort had to offer. The rooms were very nice and clean. The staff was attentive and went out the way to make our stay pleasant, despite the weather. The resort organized extra indoor activiities for the children.

The buffet breakfast was a bit pricey, but very good (about $23 per adult, children under 12 pay their age so a 5 year old would pay $5).

Our room was on the 15th floor and we had an amazing view of the ocean. Other rooms we visited were identical to ours, but without the excellent views. Some balconies have standing room only, but ours had chairs and a table. Our room had a small refrigerator and a coffee maker. There was an awesome magnified light up make up mirror in the bathroom!

We were able to use the pools during the breaks in weather, but we were never able to get to the private beach! So disappointing, but nobody's fault. The children (and adults) especially enjoyed the waterslide at the pool. (The big slide is for kids 42 inches and up, but there is a smaller slide for smaller kids). There were no lifeguards on duty, which I thought was a bit scary.

The gym was very nice. I especially liked the treadmill. I'm used to an older one, so having a screen with internet access was awesome.

The TV was on satellite, so it kept going out with the weather. That was annoying. Kids in a room with no tv is not good! But we did have free wifi and our gadgets, so we were ok.

Overall it was a fun experience. I would like to go back when the weather is better.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view!
2  Thank Mommy2Logan

Dear Mommy2Logan,

Thank you for a great review. Weather during summertime can be rainy however we're very happy to read that everyone in your group had a wonderful time with the extra activities provided by our recreation team. We're very happy that you enjoyed the views from your 15th floor balcony and the new high-tech fitness equipment at Stillwater Spa. We would enjoy welcoming you and your family back to the resort in the future to enjoy all of the amenities and activities we have to offer.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

My husband and I just spent the weekend down in Bonita Springs. My friend bragged about this hotel so we decided to stay there. The weekend was a bust (not completely the hotel's fault--it rained the ENTIRE time).

Once we got there, the valet service was efficient and courteous. Checking in was a breeze. I liked that they offered mimosas. We were upgraded to a corner room that had 3 balconies which was very nice. The bathroom and room were very nice. The rain had calmed down to a sprinkle so we decided to go down to the pool. I liked that they had 3 different pool options. Afterwards, we took a tour of the grounds. Unfortunately we couldn't go too far cause the rain started back.

We decided to stay on property for dinner. There were only 2 options: Tarpon Bay and Tanglewood. We settled on Tanglewood. The options were not great. Friday night was pasta night where you get to "design your own pasta" --it didn't taste that great but the server was very nice so we didn't want to ruin her night. Visited Cool Beans for ice cream. My husband wanted the strawberry milkshake but apparently they didn't have it anymore --although it was still shown on the menu board. Slight disappointment but we found something else for him.

The next day we decided to try out the breakfast buffet at Tanglewood (it was raining so we didn't want to drive anywhere else). I didn't think you could go wrong with the breakfast buffet, but boy was I wrong. The eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes and crossiant I had were slightly under room temperature. We didn't even finish the first plate. I asked the server if we could change the price on it--or if she could charge me for something else other than the buffet cause clearly we barely ate it because it didn't taste good-but she she no. So I find paying $22/person for the buffet was atrocious. I had a massage at the Stillwater Spa. Adriana (misspelled) did a great job. I just think it was a tad overpriced.

When we booked the hotel, we booked it with the golf package and unfortunately due to mother nature, my husband didn't get to play. So the front desk was very nice and understanding and removed that from my bill. I wish we were able to explore more of the property but that may have to be reserved for another day if we decide to go back. And at this time we will only go back if they open more restaurants, because the lack of options is ridiculous. Our last night we ate off property.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mhnewsome
HRCPSocialMediaMgr, Public Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2015

Thank you MHnewsome for sharing your experience at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. We're happy that you enjoyed the check-in experience from the valet to the front desk as well as the complimentary champagne. We're also very happy to read that you enjoyed your upgraded accommodations with views from three balconies. We're happy to read that you were pleased with the service from the front desk regarding the golf package. Thank you for sharing your experience with dining, which have been shared with our restaurant management. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort for a future stay.

Reviewed 29 July 2015

On a recent, multi-city business trip, I booked this hotel, checked in, then realized that my colleagues were staying at the Hyatt Place - not the Hyatt Regency. The front desk staff were great in reversing my reservation and calling the Hyatt Place for room availability for me. In my brief, 20 minute stay, I can say that the room was beautifully appointed and spotlessly clean. The entrance and lobby speak to a luxury hotel experience and there's even free champagne for your room upon check-in. From beginning to end - from the bellman to the front desk staff, it was a pleasure. What a happy mistake. I will definitely plan to come back and actually stay here sometime!

Room Tip: Choose a room over the pool for an even better experience
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business

Dear Dimebueno,
We're happy that even with such a brief experience you had a great time at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort. With a hint of the level of care and service we provide to all of our guests, we hope that you and your friends will stay with us in the future. We're happy you visited, even by happy mistake.

Reviewed 28 July 2015

Just returned from a 3-day stay at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort & Spa in Bonita Springs (Estero) Florida.

The weather was horrible with record-breaking rainfall amounts in Estero (a 112 year old rainfall total was broken). Just my luck. I don't blame Hyatt at all for this however. As the 3 onsite pools were too chilly to get into I remained in the hot tubs during the pouring monsoon-like rains with $14 'dirty banana' frozen drink. Advantage was no sunburn concerns.

The property is spread out and very spacious. Lots to do when the weather is normally good and clear. Fishing from a dock over a stocked fish pond, golf ball hitting to an island target in the same pond, 3 pools (one with a waterfall and one with a water slide), activities for the kids (some charge a $5 fee to participate). Poolside restaurant and bar along with 2 indoor restaurants, a coffee shop and bar mean food and snacks are always nearby. Multiple bathrooms inside and out too and daily area newspapers. Good conveniences.

Did I mention the complimentary private island (Big Hickory Island) and private pontoon boat Hyatt uses to take you to? Although the boat does not operate during rainy weather. I finally made it to the island on my last day there and it was worth it. Great shelling but really annoying beach patrol people stationed on the island warning you not to harass any wildlife or feed birds. As a Florida resident I already know not to do this.

Oh yes, you can rent DVDs free from the coffee shop (although they will charge you a $35 deposit when checking them out which is refunded when you return the DVDs supposedly). There are also hammocks, 2 firepits that operate at night and a rock climbing wall for the kids. There was also a free nightly family movie with an attendant present shown in a small ballroom. In short, there is no lack of amenities and activities here.

There is a complimentary Hyatt shuttle bus that takes you to the private island boat or to the nearby mall (or you can walk to the boat down a 1/4 mile nature boardwalk) or to a lazy river at a timeshare development 1 mile away. I never made it to the lazy river so can't comment on that. Yes there is a daily resort fee ($25 per day at time of this review). I usually don't like paying this added on fee as there are never activities justifying it but here I didn't mind.

There is a mall approximately 2.5 miles away off Highway 41 in Estero for those unwilling to pay hotel food and gratuity prices. I had my personal car and did venture out a few times to a nearby Five Guys hamburger joint, a Chik Fil A and took my wife on a sightseeing and shopping trip 15 miles south to Naples. There is free self service or valet parking available and there is a small parking garage if you want your car covered.

You really won't want to leave the Coconut Point complex however. The grounds are beautiful and immaculate with tropical plants and south Florida coconut palms at every vantage point. The staff was friendly and attentive. We were placed on the 17th floor and the view was gorgeous from up there of the protected wetlands and Estero Bay. It was quiet and like heaven sitting outside at night on the room balcony. We also had access to the Hyatt Club room on the same floor and got complimentary breakfast, snacks and drinks all day long. Food provided was passable but not outstanding. There was bottled water, coffee and soft drinks in the club room for the taking all day. I witnessed a small child packing her backpack with at least 10 cans of Pepsi which I think shouldn't be allowed.

The hotel is busiest on weekends and clears out during weekdays. On Saturday night there was live music playing in the lobby between the restaurant and the bar accompanied by some dancing people that had been drinking a long time.

Now for some negatives. Due to the rain they kept closing all 3 pools and the hot tubs for unknown reasons. I did see people using the pools even with the closed signs. I don't think they were ever made to get out. I have no idea why the pools were closed when it was only rainfall and no lightning.

One of the 3 pools is an adult only pool. I saw many children using the adult pool along with teenagers and no one ever came to tell them to leave. I did complain about this to staff at the front desk. This rule should be strictly enforced. There was a little girl that started moaning and crying from the moment she jumped into the adult pool she should have never been in from the first place. Hyatt needs to enforce their pool usage rules better.

Also there was some poorly planned scavenger hunt planned for a corporate event inside the hotel. This resulted in adults running at full speed throughout the lobby and halls of the Hyatt property. I had to quickly dodge many obnoxious rude uncaring people or I would have been trampled. I hate to see the lawsuit if one of these people knocked down an older person and caused a broken bone or other injury. I didn't observe any Hyatt staff warning the scavenger hunt participants to stop running around. They also tied up the lady in the gift shop asking for specific coin change with a certain date on the coins. Absolutely ridiculous. I also had to wait 3 elevators until I could travel up to my room due to packed elevators full of yelling and manic scavenger hunt people searching every floor for items and clues.

This event makes me considering never wanting to return. The calmness and relaxation of the Hyatt Coconut Point was shattered by this one event sanctioned by Hyatt itself. It was like walking through an unmonitored high school hallway. I hope Hyatt management reads this review and immediately stops hosting this event for a few that ruins the experience for many.

Overall this is a great property that appeals to families, couples and most anyone else that appreciates natural and real Florida minus manufactured theme parks and artificial experiences. That is what southwest Florida is all about.

Room Tip: This hotel has 18 floors. Upper floor rooms have the best view of Estero Bay and adjacent protected Florida wetlands.
6  Thank Floridaroadtrip

Thank you very much Floridaroadtrip for sharing your experience with us. We're very happy to read that you enjoyed the 26-acre grounds of the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point Resort, including our activities and amenities. Our proximity to area shopping, dining and attractions makes the resort a convenient hub for local excursions. We have shared your review with our executive team to address the concerns you had with a conference group and their activities. We strive to ensure tranquility and comfort for all of our guests every day and we apologize for not meeting your expectations during this event. We hope you will consider a fresh opportunity in staying with us in the future to enjoy a relaxing family getaway.