“Cutest English Bar”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

This bar is absolutely adorable. If you're looking for tea (alcohol) and crumpets this is the place. Lauren is a great bartender and makes the best drink in town. Check out Lansdowne St. In Bonita.

P.S. Check out their bathroom. It's set up like the tube.

1  Thank Robert S

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

A group of friends and I went there to play trivia and have dinner.

We were seated outside on the patio because it was tourist season and the place was jammed. This was no problem.

Unfortunately, things went downhill from there. We finally got someone to wait on us, but getting silverware for our food seemed to be very difficult. We kept asking and different servers kept dropping of buckets of paper towels (napkins) that contained no silverware.

More than one of us ordered burgers. We were told upon getting our food that the restaurant had run out of ketchup. How does a pub run out of ketchup? One of us didn’t hear the server ask who had gotten what and when my friend finally responded that the meal he was holding was theirs, the server literally dropped the plate in front of them with a roll of their eyes.

The final touch was when—in the middle of the patrons on the patio having their dinner—a staff member dragged two full garbage cans through the patio on their way to the dumpster.

The food was mediocre, the service nonexistent and bordering on rude, and the whole place just seemed to give off a vibe of not caring.

I’m from Boston and that isn’t enough to make me give this place a pass. It’s the first and last time I’ll pay a visit to Landsdowne Street.

Reviewed 15 April 2018

Good bar food, staff is friendly and lots of parking. Great get togather spot. Clam chowder is excellent. All beef hot dog is good .

Reviewed 24 March 2018

I am not one to write reviews. Generally, if I dislike an establishment, my response is to chalk it up to experience and then move on. Tonight, however, we had such an unfavorable experience that I decided to post a truthful admonition. This sports bar is clearly poorly managed. Too few staff and little to no supervision. Food is average for a "burger joint" and the prices are reasonable. The service is horrendous. Here's a brief synopsis of our experience.... Walked in and saw the sign that advised us (party of 4) to seat ourselves. After a few minutes admiring the Red Sox memorabilia (the four of us are full time Fort Myers residents but hail from New England), a server attended to us and took our drink order. After a few minutes, a different server arrived with our drinks. Several minutes went by before another server arrived to take our order. It took an inordinate amount of time for the food to arrive by, yes, another server. This time, the server was a male with a countenance of disgust on his face. In an indiscernible voice he uttered the names of the dishes as they appeared on the menu. Not having been to this sports bar before, we were unclear as to which of us ordered the "Mass Pike," and the "Hanover Street." The server was clearly upset with our failure to pass the pop quiz he was administering. After our meals were eventually and correctly placed in front of us, we politely informed him that we had no eating utensils. He made a scowl, said nothing and turned away from us. We all looked at one another in puzzlement as to his response. Within a couple of minutes he returned to our table and threw four sets of utensils which had been wrapped in a paper napkin sheath. He then walked away without a word. As soon as we were able to flag down a server (not one of ours), we asked him to speak to a manager. He was not English proficient so our attempt to communicate with him was less than successful. Eventually, our second server approached us to check on how we were doing. We explained what had happened and she was very apologetic. She told us that she would summon the manager for us. After a few minutes, a young girl approached our table and identified herself as a "supervisor." We asked to speak with the manager, but none was available on this busy Saturday evening. Once again we received an abundance of hollow apologies as well as a promise that she would speak to the male server in question. As I completed my meal I made close scrutiny as to the actions of the supervisor. On more than one occasion, she and the male server (with the beard and pony tail) were in immediate proximity but no words were ever explained. So, with reluctance (I am a huge Red Sox fan) I must conclude that this establishment is all hype with no substance. With the vast number of sports bars in the Fort Myers/Bonita area, I would try somewhere else instead of venturing to this very average venue.

1  Thank jquade126
Reviewed 6 March 2018

they have moved a few things around but overall the menu remais the same.
however, the service is better than ever and they have an expediter for the food which is very effective. live music on patio or indoors . great pub atmosphere with better than good unique pub food.