“Delicious, generous crepes!”

Crepe Cafe
Ranked #14 of 30 Dessert in Boca Raton
Price range: US$6 - US$12
Reviewed 15 January 2017

Great late lunch in the patio, listening to French songs and eating a vegetarian crepe, fully filled with fresh and fabulous food! My husband had a gorgeous breakfast crepe. Service was delightful. Oh! The coffee, too, was sooooo good. Each cup individually made.
Looking to return.

There are newer reviews for Crepe Cafe

Reviewed 3 January 2017

Ok, this is a place that really has a ton of potential. Great location, really good crepes, inside and outside dining. The problem is there is more to running a restaurant than just opening the doors and cooking the food.

While the fact is that if the food stinks any restaurant wont last long fortunately this place has the food thing down right. Noting else is right...but the food is good.

They do not have the slightest idea what it means to actually operate a restaurant. While the young man who seems to be the manager, or more likely the owners son or some kind of relative or close friend of someone who is financially backing the place, has been there every time that we have dined there but he really has no effect on the operation. He might as well just not be there because this place is run very very poorly.

Start off with the floor to ceiling plate glass windows that comprise the front of the restaurant. CLEAN THEM! The windows are so filthy that it indicates a total lack of attention to the details of operating a restaurant. The windows are so dirty that it looks like they haven't been cleaned in weeks. Walking in the door and seeing the dirty tables and booths, not set up with any silver ware or even salt and pepper shakers is another dead giveaway about a manager not caring about presentation and feel of a successful cafe.

Walking past the dirty tables on your right and looking to your left at the food preparation area should be enough to make you simply walk out. The unorganized kitchen operation is a joke. There is absolutely no organization. I observed the cooks having to portion out ingredients in such an unproductive manner that I cant even begin to describe it. Trust me that it is amazing that anything gets prepared correctly from this dirty little cooking area. I mean there is no excuse for not keeping the observation glass clean. Customers can sit at the bare, stark and uninviting counter to watch the cooks prepare the crepes. This would be fun and interesting if the restaurant management understood what a draw this could be. Alas, the "sneeze guard" or protective glass is filthy, all the time, and just adds to the feeling of the place being dirty.

Continuing on to the rear of the restaurant where the bathrooms are located is nothing short of scary. Bare walls with a handwritten quote from Julia Child, in magic marker, on the wall leading to the bathrooms is the only attempt at creating any ambiance beyond simple plain bare walls. The storage of paper supplies, mop buckets and general restaurant stuff should never be in view of the public, let alone an obstacle to get around while attempting to use the restrooms.

Ahhhh...the rest rooms. I can only describe the mens room as on a level far far below the most neglected roadside gas station bathroom that you can think of. I actually thought about taking a photo of the disgusting condition of the floors, walls and fixtures in the mens room. I really don't understand how the health department hasn't cited this place for its unsanitary conditions.

All of this before even placing an order!

Every server that we have had here, we've been here three times in the past month because we like to ride our bikes here to this plaza on the weekends, each time the servers seem to be on their first day and they have absolutely no idea what it means to actually give decent service. There are no salt, pepper or other condiments on any tables. None inside or outside on any tables. No condiments of any kind. Servers don't know how to anticipate guest needs like realizing that most people need silverware to eat their food. Remember the bare tables? I mean really bare. Every time that i have been there I have received my food without any silverware. Had to ask for it as well as any other basic thing that one would and should expect from a restaurant. I can assure you that there is no training beyond how to use the cash register for any of the servers. None.

I have never been seated at a clean table on any of my visits. They seem to be in a crisis mode at all times. Barely able to keep it together is my impression.

While the actual crepes are undeniably excellent, everything else about the place is simply amateur hour. It has potential but the management of this place does not have a clue!

Clean the place up. Try to create a little ambiance. How about simply pre-setting the tables so that it looks like you actually want customers to come in. My best advice to the owners is to hire someone, ANYONE, that can teach you how to operate a restaurant...because you have no idea what you are doing.

1  Thank Realistic1
Reviewed 16 December 2016 via mobile

Second time visiting the area and this place is a must for our family!
So delicious and great people a pleasant place for a fast lunch
Good quality food
I do recommend

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

My friend and I were looking for a breakfast place and we saw this little crepe place tucked in on the south side of Royal Palm Plaza next to Another Broken Egg. It looked open but was very quiet at the moment but we figured we'd give it a try. What a GREAT decision that was!! First you MUST have the coffee. It is amazing. I had 2 lattes myself because they were so delicious. The menu is broad, they serve breakfast lunch, dinner, desserts and its all fantastic. Jonathan was the chef for all three of my visits. He is very friendly and proud of what he creates. He is passionate about the end result and he uses only the best ingredients in his creations. My friend and I got 2 crepes and shared them. They were so big we could have shared just one but we ate it all; they were both excellent! I have brought back 2 other friends for lunch and the raving continues. My one friend is a very picky coffee drinker so I was anxious to see what she thought. She is a raving fan of both the coffee and the food. The salads were fantastic at both lunches as were the crepes. I would highly recommend that you try the Crepe Cafe. It's a hidden gem in Boca.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We visited once and will probably not go back. Very plain restaurant with no ambience. Food was ok but not very good. Service was lacking and overall the entire experience not worth it. Fast food restaurants offer a better experience.