“Super great staff; good value; not a family destination”

Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Boca Raton
boston
“Super great staff; good value; not a family destination”
Reviewed 24 March 2012 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at the hotel this week as I was in Florida for a combination work/vacation. My visit was very positive, as I have never encountered a nicer group of employees. Kudos on the hiring and employee culture.

I will say that it's more for the business traveler or couple; pool is small and not much for kids to do at hotel. So, I won't bring my 11 and 13 year-olds there but would definitely return on my own.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank pantherold

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Bellmore, New York
Reviewed 21 March 2012

My family spent two weeks here. Wonderful pleasant staff. The hotel was clean and the pool area was great. Everyone was pleasant and caring and a special thanks to John Wigglesworth and Michael Allen.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 20 March 2012

First, I am going to start with the bad news. We arrived late at the hotel and after reaching our room, we noticed it felt a little warm. I figured that it would get cooler after a while. Unfortunately, it did not. By the time I was sure there was something wrong with the A/C, it was about 2am, my wife was already sleeping and I was just too tired to request a change of rooms. First thing next morning I went to the front desk to inform them about our problem and we were immediately given a new room, whose A/C was working perfectly. Furthermore, for our inconvenience, the front desk returned the Marriott certificate we had used for that first night (around a $200 value if used wisely). I cannot imagine a better response to such a problem from a hotel. Another positive aspect of this hotel is that, even though the concierge lounge is closed on weekends, as Platinum Elites, we were provided with breakfast vouchers for the hotel restaurant for the weekend. Lastly, there are a lot of restaurants very close to the hotel. Will definitely stay again at this hotel if I return to the Boca Raton area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VipB
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Thank you for your recent comments on Tripadvisor. We appreciate the positive feedback reflective of our staff and their outstanding empowerment commitment to resolve any issue. They are constantly focused on ensuring each and every guest stay is the very best. Should an issue arise they have made a pledge that they will follow up and work to resolve any opportunities to ensure our guest overall satisfaction is memorable and outstanding. We appreciate and value you as our guest and thank you for staying with us. Most important, we look forward to your return to the Renaissance Boca Raton.
Michael Allen - General Manager
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Based on my experience, there is much room for improvement at this property. Apart from the beautiful lobby, the check-in experience was rather frustrating. I inquired about an upgrade (MR gold) and was told all upgrades were 'sold out.' I found this hard to believe as I made my reservation just moments before checking-in and there were a variety of rooms available. On the way up to my room, I checked the hotel's availability on my iPhone and upgrades were, indeed, available. It bothers me that I was lied to. If the desk clerk was unable to give out an upgrade – not big deal. However, it is not a good practice to lie to your guests. I then made it up to my room, which overlooked a parking lot and parking garage - what a view! When unpacking, I noticed the sink and mirror were dirty (left-behind toothpaste) and there was a tissue floating in the toilet... not something I would expect from a Renaissance hotel. How could something so obvious could be overlooked? The pool area was nice (well landscaped and has a pool bar). In short, the lack of customer service and cleanliness will have me considering my other options when traveling to this area in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms that overlook the pool have the best view - but good luck getting one!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gregory D
Thank you for your review. After reading your recent comments I must say that the feedback provided is contrary to what most of our customers say about the level of outstanding service and attention to detail our team of associates execute each and every day. They are always in front of our guests to ensure they exceed their expectations. The feedback is overwhelmingly positive on Tripadvisor, Marriott Guest Surveys, letters I receive and the in person comments that guest share with us every day. The attention to detail and our unprecedented customer service the team provides is something we feel you cannot find at any other hotel.
Michael Allen - General Manager
Utica, New York
Reviewed 10 March 2012

My wife and I recently traveled to Boca from Upstate New York. The hotel was clean, the pool area was great and the staff was first class. The redone lobby area was nice. They went out of their way on a daily basis to greet you- My wife did not feel good for a couple of days and each day they asked how she was doing and always if their was something they could do to help. It is rare today to find this type of customer service. They were doing some tree trimming and apologized for the noise and offered to buy us a drink.The concierge area always had drinks, fresh fruit, and a good breakfast. I would stay at this hotel again if I was visiting the Boca Raton area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Patrick D
Michael A, General Manager at Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback regarding our beautiful hotel. We appreciate your kind words regarding the cleanliness, our brand new destination lobby, the friendliness of our staff and our beautiful pool surroundings. Our team is consistently focused on exceeding our guest’s expectations. Since your departure we have completed the landscaping improvements. Our guests have made wonderful comments on the “new look and feel” of our pool oasis.
Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next visit to the Renaissance Boca Raton.