“Not as Good as Should Be”

Farmer's Table Boca
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmer's Table Boca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 901 Restaurants in Boca Raton
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Farmer’s Table charges "fine dining" prices, but it never quite measures up to its hype or the bill. We have patronized Farmer's Table since it first opened, and all of our meals there have been very good, but never excellent. Desserts have improved radically since the beginning. Most of the best items, such as the short rib, remain on the menu.

Service is rarely as it should be. I'm not sure what it is, but the wait staff always seems to me too "hippy dippy." Some may get a kick out of that, but I don't dine to relate to a "cool" waiter.

This meal included many wonderful items. The tuna tartare appetizer was marvelous. The snapper main was superb, although the chickpea masala side came close to overwhelming the perfectly cooked snapper. The trout, on the other hand, thin as each trout filet is, was overcooked - a danger of trout. We should have sent it back, in retrospect. The apple crumble dessert is really good.

We will keep coming back, always hoping that Farmer's Table rises to the occasion.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,150)

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Great restaurant with quality food. Wide choice of organic and grass fed options. Presentation and sides lovely. If you have the option, choose to eat outdoors with live music. Indoors the food is equal, but the sound is a lot louder.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

We had high hopes because of the farm-to-table nature of this restaurant, which was across the street from our hotel. Herbs grown outside reinforce the "fresh" aspect of Farmer's Table's claim to fame. We heard some servers review the provenance of produce and protein. However, while I enjoyed my meal, my husband's was significantly off the mark. For what we paid (just over $100, not including tip), the experience should have been better. We split a salad, which was fresh and good, though instead of pumpkin "seeds," we found literally one seed. My yellowtail snapper with chickpea and pepper tikka masala was good, especially the tikka masala, as was my strawberry shortcake. My husband did not like his $7 (alcohol-free) Boca Breeze or pasta-less vegetable lasagna, and regretted being talked in an up-sell to add $2 worth of mozzarella. His dessert, a peanut butter fudge ice cream pie, left a bad aftertaste from dairy-free ice cream. The room was very loud, so we really couldn't carry on a conversation and pretty much read email while we dined. We really hoped to enjoy this place because we are spoiled by the quality of farm-to-table restaurants near our Hudson Valley home but left somewhat disappointed.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

And for good reason. Food and service are both excellent. Great ambiance inside and out, plus the extra private room and 2nd floor. Drinks are a little over priced I must say but other than that, I've never had a bad experience here.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

This place is really busy! It was packed. My Son and I went in for appetizers and had really nice seating between the bar and restaurant areas. Perfect for what we wanted. We ordered appetizers and I ordered a cucumber drink. My Son's ribs were delicious. I ordered the cauliflower bites and they weren't as good. My drink was filled with a lot of ice, so I didn't get even a buzz. I asked for a straw and was told that they are a straw free establishment something about turtles and plastic. These folks are serious about the environment. I thought I was choosing fresh food not a lesson in environmental consciousness. I dropped $50 for two appetizers, a soft drink and a drink. OK experience but wasn't knocked out.