“Disappointed Customer”
Review of All Star Cupcakes

All Star Cupcakes
Ranked #29 of 30 Dessert in Boca Raton
Reviewed 9 August 2017

I ordered a cake from "Jamie" two weeks prior to my arrival to Boca Raton. She was made aware where we were staying for a week vacation, on what day the cake would be picked up, and all the details re: cake design, etc. I provided a credit card and was guaranteed a receipt, but after asking 5 times, I still have yet to receive a receipt. On the day I was to pick up the cake, less than 30 mins prior to picking up the cake, I received a call delaying the pick up of cake for a full day. The next day, I received a text to delay pick up another 2 hours, which I could not accommodate. I showed up 15 minutes prior to the agreed time. My cake was still being decorated. The fondant was not dry, the design was appalling ugly, but I was assured a "delicious cake." That evening, the cake appearance was incredibly ugly and falling apart, but we remained excited about tasting the red velvet Oreo cookie cake with our family. Unfortunately, the cake was stale. The flavor was far from delicious. The icing was not good. Nothing about the cake was good! I texted "Jamie" the very next day and explained how terribly disappointed we were with the cake providing detail and pictures. This cake was over $90, so it wasn't cheap. I felt like we should have been reimbursed at least half of that money. We played a series of phone tags, of which every time I called to speak with her..."she was busy, but promised to call right back." I left several messages, but to this day, have not talked about the cake and what I felt to be fare. This is not how to conduct a business, especially with people who vacationing in the area. Gives Boca Raton a bad name! I was referred by the hotel concierge to All Star Cupcakes. Unfortunately, I updated the concierge-manager with the same pictures and the same disappointment, so this would definitely not happen again with one of the hotel guests. I still would accept a credit, but after waiting this long to discuss a terrible birthday cake is ridiculous!!!

Reviewed 7 April 2017

To appreciate tis place you need to be somewhat of a lover of cupcakes, cakes and buttercream toppings because they have 65 flavors. Go for the first time to get a feeling of what this place is all about. I guarantee you will walk out with at least 2 cupcakes. German chocolate , chocolate cupcake will be one of them.
The All Star Cupcakes goes by a couple names on different social media. The ones I remember are above the door and the sign outside. They specialize in special ordering BUT as I experienced the if what you want isn't there, no problem, since it was only 1, I had my German Chocolate cupcake made while I waited. Now that was SPECIAL service . There is noway I won't be special ordering or coming back before I had home in May. The cupcakes are expensive but what you get for that is so much better than less expensive cupcakes.
By far the most delicious cupcakes I have every eaten. Once you tried them let know if you agree with me.

1  Thank tomkozlowski1 .
Reviewed 5 December 2016

I do not like to mess around when it comes to cupcakes!!! Its my only indulgence and I expect it to be perfect especially when Im paying a higher price. Unfortunately, this place fell way short on taste, presentation and service. I do agree with the previous post that the icing tasted very processed and not fresh. Also the inside of the cake was dry and crumbly. I ordered the vanilla with chocolate frosting so I cannot comment on the other flavors, however that should be the best tasting one since its a classic!!!! My overall impression of the places that it looks messy.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

These cupcakes are amazing. I stopped in, just to browse since the ad boasts 65 flavors. I left with 7 different types. One was better than the next! We cut them into 4 bites each and devoured each & every one. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 12 February 2016

These cupcakes are quite literally the best thing that I have EVER put in my mouth. I am a serious Sweet Lover and I totally LOVE THESE CUPCAKES. I always get at least 2, the Chocolate Chip Cookie Cupcake and another one to try and I have NEVER been disappointed. Such nice people too!

1  Thank Daksattack