“Worth seeking out”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

We went for Saturday lunch. We got there early at 12 noon as it is a popular spot. The menu is great. The staff are incredibly professional and the food is delicious. I had a steak noodle salad which you can have without steak. I am veggie so they made huge efforts to ensure it was tasty and good, which it was. My husband had flying chicken was was very good too and our friends had tuna salad which they said was great. Music was a little loud but if that’s the only complaint they are winning. Well done Houston’s

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

Our second visit- ever popular, we had to wait a bit to get our table that was reserved. Bar is well- attended and noisy but good vibe. When we sat, had lovely booth although a/c very high so we were cold most of the night. Menu was good but NEEDS UPDATING! Reviews and ads all extolling grilled artichokes- available “ late spring to late summer.” By this time, before end of July, they were out although we were there with plenty of the summer left. So - very disappointing. Service a bit piecemeal but good when it worked. Food quality good once we got it! Just too a long- ish time!

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

They make a really good Scottish Salmon and a yum beef tenderloin.... Delicious!
Great costumer service.
Good wines.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Houston’s Restaurant in Boca is always busy but, I never turn down the opportunity of sitting at the bar if I haven’t made reservations.The bartender Brian has been there over 15 years and he’s very knowledgeablewuth drinks, friendly, accommodating, knows his regular clients and makes the area a joy to eat at.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

That's right. Houston's cole slaw is the best. Not too wet, not too sweet, has the crunch necessary to qualify as fresh. The right mixture of cabbage and thin carrot strings ( minimal) and it looks great, tastes great. I have eaten here every other year for about 25 years. This place is so very consistent in both food quality, presentation, and service that it is hard not to eat here all the time. Whether it's fish, steak, burgers, or killer ribs, prime rib, double cut pork chop--they make it great. The place is always clean and inviting. The rib entree is $34. and the Prime Rib was $31. The ribs are expensive but are so delicious and hot and juicy and fall off the bone, I had to get them. As I walked in and looked at the many plates already served, the ribs just kind of spoke to me. I got them with string fries and cole slaw. We shared a spinach dip , that comes with chips and salsa and sour cream. This dip, the actual dip, is fantastic. The salsa is bad, but the dip and chips is enough to make this a great appetizer to split. At $16 it is very expensive. We did have to have them bring two extra orders of chips. Guys--put more chips on the original serving, the amount given was just too few of them to be deemed reasonable for an appetizer. So, this is an expensive place, but it does deliver every time. I am going to saw it is worth the price when you want the goods.