“Excellent food and service”
Review of Truluck's - CLOSED

Truluck's
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: We invite you to escape to Truluck's. A getaway for the senses. Come savor the freshest Crab, direct from our own fisheries. Delight in our fresh-catch seafood menu or select tender, juicy steaks prepared to perfection. Then complement it all with delicious wines by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

This is one of my favorite restaurants in Boca. My family and I enjoyed a nice celebration with dinner at Trulucks. We made a reservation earlier in the week but due to the busy season only had early dinners or ones after 9. We ended up with the earlier dinner reservation and although not very busy when we first arrived started getting really packed around 6. I felt a bit rushed and our waiter could have been more personable. For example, other waiters had more explanation of specials and recommendations. The food was good, but it seemed that the restaurant was more relaxed about dress-codes to my dismay. There were several women (in their 60s) wearing short beach shorts and flip flops when they have a clear dress code but was never enforced. The only other things that they missed was didn't acknowledge a celebration we had and previously they would always follow up with a phone call about our experience. I always appreciated them calling me in the past to ask me how our meal and dining experience was and wish they had done that.

Reviewed 29 December 2017

Truluck's is outstanding. They have a great menu, great service, and great ambiance. In the bar they have music entertainment.

Reviewed 23 December 2017

Trulucks offers the absolute best and freshest seafood anywhere. They specialize in a special type of crab known as stone claw crab. When in season the crab is caught, then one claw is removed and then the crab is put back in the water where they grow another claw. The claw is served in various sizes with a special sauce and is delicious. Plus is that this is a recycled food.
Just about anything else you order at this restaurant is excellent.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We travel to Florida a couple of times a year. We love stone crab and found that Trulucks has a Monday night special. We booked ahead of time and the manager called to confirm. Upon our arrival we were harassed by the hostess for not having a reservation. While there, the manager recalled confirming it with us. The incident caused embarrassment in front of other patrons waiting to be seated. This eventually led to a disagreement between me and my wife who left the restaurant. After speaking to the manager and a number of phone calls and emails, we were contacted and offered a gift card by mail. The gift card never arrived and we believe it was done to placate us and to prevent senior corporate management from disciplinary action against the staff. Needless to say we were very disappointed . We recommend if booking with them to have them confirm by email. They obviously overbook on the crab special night and try to turn away couples to accommodate larger groups. The restaurant staff needs retraining. Not worth going to an expensive restaurant that treats its patrons with disrespect.

Donald Berg

1  Thank hangrymanandwife
Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

We eat here frequently. Great Happy Hours. Fresh seafood. Professional service , knowledgeable bartenders. Elegant for special occasions.