Open today: 08:00 - 18:00

More Info
from US$155.88
More Info
3,642 results
All reviews old bridge sea grass sandspur beach beautiful beach gulf side nature center key west fish kayak rentals concession stand white sand clear water low tide gift shop favorite beach butterfly garden natural beauty
Reviewed 14 July 2008

This was the best beach I've ever visited! It was uncrowded, the sand was soft, the waves were gentle and the water temperature was perfect! Even the restrooms were clean! If Heaven has a beach, it probably looks like this. My family was sad to leave. If you want a serene and beautiful beach experience, do come here. We can't wait to go back!!

5  Thank damommyross
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This is a great beach even for non swimmers. You will be literally walk into ocean ateast 15-20 feet from shore with no waves. Be sure to take your snorkel out there. Excellent! Highly recommended over key west beaches.

3  Thank umokan
Reviewed 2 July 2008

This just plain beautiful, campsites are great, however some don't have enough shade and could get really hot. Reservations need to be made way ahead of time, maybe 6 months or a year in advance. They have some problems with seaweed, so just check with park staff before heading that way- it can get really stinky and attracts bunch of bugs. The facilities are clean and nice and staff are friendly.

2  Thank lulrest
Reviewed 13 June 2008

This park is the best one I have been to. The beaches are amazing and they are still the way they were 100 years ago. I went snorkeling for the first time last year in Bahia Honda and without realizing stayed at the beach for 8 hours. My back was severely burned, therefore I recommend reapplying sunscreen throughout the day, and wearing a white shirt while snorkeling! The campsites were spacious, I had a very large cottage style tent with a smaller 4 person tent and a gazebo set up with a lot of leftover room. Not to mention the electrical and water hookups were a blessing. Don't even bother bringing stuff to entertain yourself or a clock. My family and I woke up at sunrise and went to sleep at sunset. Also don't leave your food in a cooler at night, because there are raccoons that will enter your campsite at 3 am and take your bacon and eggs, as it did happen to me!This park is truly an amazing place to visit and is to me the ideal vacation spot.

2  Thank jenn92
Reviewed 3 June 2008

The snorkeling trip to the Looe Key was great. Call the day before or in the morning to find out if they have tour to go out to the reef. They don’t run the boat trip if there weren’t enough people or rough sea. The boat ride was 45 minutes to the reef. We stop right on top of the reef. There were many fish and we didn’t have to go far from the boat to see them. It was a great snorkeling trip. The captain and the dive master made it even more enjoyable. We went to Sandspur beach. It was rated one of the top 10 beaches. It was nice, very natural and scenic. But it’s not as big or beautiful as the beach in the gulf coast of Florida. It was still a very nice beach.

3  Thank DianeL_USA