“Small world amazing!”

Cafe Verdi
Ranked #40 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

In Wilmington on business and dropped by this place with a coworker for some local Italian food based on the reviews. We were NOT disappointed! So many things on the menu looked tempting so I asked the owner to narrow down my choices. He recommended the Eggplant Parmigiana because "they just made it," and I asked for zucchini noodles instead of pasta because I'm diabetic. Just the fact that these are offered was a delight because so few Italian restaurants where I live in Virginia serve them and they are a carb-friendly option for many with dietary restrictions. His recommendation was spot on! Freshest eggplant parmigiana I've ever tasted and the zucchini noodles were heaven!! My friend had the pesto gnocchi and raved about her choice. Not sure how this place stacks up to other local Italian eateries but I would definitely come back next time I'm in town!! And the friendliness of the owner and staff was second to none.

Reviewed 16 March 2016

If your want fresh pizza pie, this is your stop. Silvio has been serving great pies and Italian meals for years. It's a family thing: brothers, sisters, kids, nieces, nephews, cousins. And they make customers feel like family too.

Joe has classic dishes plus others that rotate through the seasons. Nothing crazy, just simple combinations that let the ingredients shine. Homemade soups and bread.

1  Thank Coach B
Reviewed 17 March 2015

If you love authentic Italian flavors, Cafe Verdi is a must when you visit Wilmington. Located in the historic Trolley Square area, it is easy to find as you tour the Forty Acres and Highlands. The cozy atmosphere is wonderful for family or date nights and the proprietor and wait staff are friendly. The aroma of slow cooked Marinara with plenty of garlic lures you into the shop. The dishes range from pizza to complex seafood entrees and quite honestly, there is not a single one that doesn't please. Good food, good wine and good times. What more could you ask?

Reviewed 17 March 2015

This small cafe situated in the most popular area of Wilmington for "socializing" is a gem for those who merely want an abundance of excellent Italian food at a very reasonable price. To describe the place as modest is an understatement, but the clientele are mainly repeat visitors and know that the seating atmosphere and ambiance are irrelevant. You come, you eat and you leave...satisfied. The rating above is not applicable and cannot be used as a measure of anything that is relevant when critiquing restaurants

Reviewed 28 February 2015

We once lived in the Trolley Square area and enjoyed coming here to eat. We moved away over 10 years ago. When we decided to head to Wilmington for a play, we thought about stopping somewhere for dinner. The Café came to mind and we found the Café to be as we remembered. It's a small, cozy restaurant only about a dozen tables (close together not very romantic). We were seated quickly and offered a drink and given bread. I had the Shrimp Ravioli, it was very good, the sauce was delicious. My husband also enjoyed his Veal dish. We shared a Cannoli for dessert, it was delicious. One benefit is the convenient free parking being that it's located in the Trolley Square shopping center. It was nice to return, we'll be back again.