“A true Classic”

Vincente's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincente's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 606 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 14 February 2017

We hadn't been to Vincente's since Mr Mancari (Dad) was tossing cheese on Lincoln St. The menu is classic Northern Italian with Veal featured. And it did not disappoint. By far, they do the best caesar salad anywhere and it is prepared tableside. I love the garlic but if you don't just tell the current owners (Sons) to cut back for you. It is truly the best I have ever had anywhere, including Italy. To add some fun, they still toss the cheese from far away but I seem to recall it was a spoon of grated cheese and not quite so far away. Anyway, it can be entertaining.
Two things kept this visit from being perfect. The rolls were warm but didn't have any taste. I am sure they could improve upon them as there is some very tasty Italian bread available. And the other thing was that they were out of asparagus and so the Veal Oscar came with broccoli. The waitress told us in advance and the owner apologized to us about it. These are not big deals and we will be back again soon.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Vincente's has been around for a long time in our area! In my opinion the place has improved greatly since moving to it's new location! Food is great and reasonably priced! Atmosphere is just right and the staff is great!! Their Happy Hour deals can't be beat!!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

My husband and I visited Vincente's while I was on a business trip. I've never been to a restaurant quite like it. The chef came to our table and went over the menu with us. He then told us that if there was something we wanted that was not on the menu, all we had to do was ask. The chef also made Caesar salads and Bananas Foster table-side. The food was delicious and the environment was fun. I hope to go back someday soon!

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Vincente's is an icon in Delaware. It's consistent and always good, the perfect place to take an elderly parent for a nice meal or to have a business meeting/dinner. The menu is classic/old fashioned but the chef/owner will make anything to order and welcomes changes to dishes to satisfy the customer. I would lean toward veal or beef and you will be content with a good dinner.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

It was the annunal Classsic Car Cruise Night and we decided to give this place a second try... But sorry to say that their service was just as bad as it was last time, or worse, just plain SLOW!!! Almost 2 hours to get our main courses, which was all very good overall... Appologies were given, with the same sad story about how their cooks didn't show up for work... I took 30 mins. just to get a menu and we also waited another 30 mins. for a caesar salad... Ultimately, we ended in a family squable, which completely ruined the rest of my night!!! Also, their air-conditioning was very poor, and we sat their and sweated while we waited and waited........... It had to be 85 degreees in there and got even hotter when they flambéed orders of Bananas Foster.... Sorry, but we are done!

1  Thank rmichaelkeating