“Mother's Day dinner”

Vincente's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Vincente's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 599 Restaurants in Wilmington
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Reviewed 17 May 2016

We went on the Saturday before Mother's Day-my husband, 2 sons, daughter-in-law, 5 yo grandson, 2 1/2 yo granddaughter, and 9 mo. old grandbaby. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner. All the dinners were created to order. You could pick your choice of pasta with choice of meat, such as chicken, sausage, meatball, etc. Everything was interchangeable. The staff was very accommodating yo the children. One had meatballs and spaghetti and the other had pizza. Even the baby enjoyed the meatballs. The owner prepared the Caesar salad at the table with all fresh ingredients. The menu included Italian dishes, beef, chicken, veal, seafood, etc.; something for everyone.

Reviewed 9 May 2016

Waited 1.5 hours for our meal to be served. Spoke to the owner, he told us one cook didn't show up the other disappeared! . Danny the owner sends too much time throwing croutons into the salad bowls at the tables. He should have put on his chef hat.
When the food finally arrived, 7 out of the 9 meals were awful. I ordered spaghetti but got fettuccine. The veal parm was so thin is tasted like it came out of a box. One person on our table took them up on their offer and ordered something that wasn't on the menu. A mistake. They didn't get the order right either. When we complained about that, the waitress said she knew the order wasn't right!The waitress never told us why our meals were so late. The owner did offer us free deserts. No I told him you could comp our drinks which he did. Since it was Mothers Day weekend, this was a disgrace. We will not be back.

5  Thank richct79_12
Reviewed 24 March 2016

Hi- we have been to this restaurant now, about 4-5 times. We have enjoyed eating in the dining room, as well as eating at the bar and taking advantage of their happy hours specials. The staff here are very friendly and accommodating. When seated, we were informed that it was our table for the night, and that they did not rush. She was kind enough to ask if we needed to leave by a certain time, which was very thoughtful. The food is good, comfortable Italian food. Not the best we've ever had, but the atmosphere and the owner's friendliness, makes it fun to eat here. If you don't like what's on the menu, the chef is more than willing to make you what you would like, providing they have the ingredients on hand. The bar at happy hour is fun, with locals coming in. Wine and martinis are $5, and many of the regular menu items are between 6-9$. Their crab cakes are one of the best that I've ever had...lots of chunk crab meat with a pineapple habenaro sauce. You must get the Caesar salad when you visit, as that is one of the house traditions- made at tableside and quite the show! Finally, the italian wedding soup is so good, that my husband asked to take some home. The owner obliged by finding a container and filled it with enough soup for 5 bowls. Overall, a fun and friendly place to go.

Reviewed 29 February 2016

This is one of those places the wife and I have been wanting to try. Finally we were able to make reservations for the day before Valentines day. Maybe because it was the day before on a Saturday night, but the service was slow.

We started with the Italian wedding soup. It was the highlight. Both my wife and I said this is her mothers! Not sure if it was the wine or she was just emotional but it brought tears to her eyes. ORDER IT, you will not be disappointed!

Next was the Caesar salad. It was busy and took the chef a long time before he could make our salad. When he finally came to our table, he entertained us with stories about his family and his experience perfecting his Caesar salad making techniques. The salad good but both my wife and I said there was a spice/seasoning added that we did not care for.

It took so long for our salads to be prepared that weren't finished before our entrees arrived. Both of our entrees were from the standard menu, nothing special. They were good. However the portion size we both thought were small. In fact, we both finished our entrees and that's saying a lot for me given I am not a pasta eater. While I applaud the portion size, the prices were a bit high for a good meal not a great meal.

We both ordered the bananas foster for dessert. Again we had to wait for the chef to come to our table. It felt like it was forever. In fact the table next to us order it as well and when he did make his way over to our table, he 1 big batch for both tables.

I will give this place another try only this time away from a holiday.

1  Thank paulp19702
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Monday evening at 6:45 Vicente's was somewhat busy. I didn't make a reservation because I felt who goes out to a nice dinner on Monday night. A sales manager from a large company was in town to visit with me for dinner on a return trip from Washington, DC. He know good food, and good restaurants, his wife owns and operates one in New York that has great reviews and has also been featured on Dinners, Drive ins and Dives.
His inital reaction to Vicente's was cool, but after the complimentary appetizer, Salad presentation and the four of us had great meals, he was most enthusiastic.

I have dined ant Vincent's many times, but only twice in this shopping center location which is not very impressive. Service was good once they caught up with the folks that were already seated when we arrived.

Steak, Pasta, Veal and Shrimp choices were excellent. The atmosphere is comfortable, the servers polite and owner/chef/host did a great job of making certain we were well pleased and got the attention we needed even though they were busy.