“Busy venue but good experience”
Review of Capers & Lemons

Capers & Lemons
Reserve with OpenTable
Capers & Lemons is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 611 Restaurants in Wilmington
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 December 2015

Although I have visited here a few times in the past two years, I have been to Capers and Lemons twice this month. Each time it was busy but our wait was short--maybe because of our group size (4 on the first visit; two on the second) as well as our timing (getting there before 6:30 is advisable).

I ordered the short ribs--both times. They are absolutely delectable. Our waitstaff on both occasions were amiable--even when trying to multi-task with several filled tables in a small space.

Its setting in a suburban corporate complex not withstanding, this is a nice venue for a slightly more upscale meal.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

The food is great! The antipasto is a great starter. All of the pasta is homemade and I crave the bread with dipping oil. Our hostess in the Market Morgan was very helpful and friendly. I miss the ricotta cheesecake.

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I've been to Capers and Lemons on several occasions and have had mixed experiences. The food is generally very good, but the service has been hit or miss. I would certainly give them another chance as the food is quite good, and the atmosphere is very nice. although it can get crowded. Reservations are recommended.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

I like to go up to visit Longwood Gardens several times a year. This Restaurant will be a new stop on my itinerary. Lovely atmosphere and great food!

Reviewed 23 November 2015

Visited it for a celebration dinner with 5 family friends. Per my request on the phone for this special occasion a very good cosy corner booth was especially reserved for us on a very busy Saturday evening.
The restaurant was packed full, and so it has been the last few times I visited it a couple of years ago.
High marks for our server Abby who very politely and professionally described all our meal options and kindly answered all our questions about food and wine.
I had calamari for starters (big portion so Ishared) expertly buttered and fried with no oily residue. Very good..My main dish was home made canelloni filled with a mix of ground beef, chicken and sausage plus mozzarella cheese in a red/white creamy sauce Delicious...Wish the portion was bigger though.
My friends had salmon and spaghetti with scampi. The spaghetti portion was huge but the scampi disproportionate.!! We reported this together with my remark about the small size of the canelloni to Abby who passed this message to the chef / and /or manager. We received no response /acknowldegement from them on this issue. Total neglect dare I say..

But all in all our dining experience was very good, cleanliness, service, food taste, and wine were very good. Pricewise on the high side, we did not expect it to be any cheaper, therefore there was no nasty surprise. The lack of any response to our complaint was a strong negative issue.

Date of visit: November 2015