“A local gem.”

Ranked #36 of 289 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

Ok, so it's in a strip mall next to a grocery. You don't think about that when your meal comes. It's small so reservations are a must. So small that I viewed a sous chef chopping atop the chest freezer. The vegetables are prepared like they are the gems they are. I had the horseradish crusted salmon entree done perfectly on top of the roasted veg. My husband had the rockfish special over roasted veg hash. We had Casey as our guide and she was spot on for all courses. The special appetizer that night was a tuna poke. It was served in a coconut shell and there was plenty to share. So fresh and bright! The bread pudding could have been warmer and a caramel drizzle would really add to it but it was delicious. We will defiantly go again. We were told about it and was asked not to spread the word. The owner laughed when I told him this. He's heard it before. When you go look around and you can easily spot the regulars. I wouldn't mind becoming one.

1  Thank BBeachBum29

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I have been trying to get a reservation to this restaurant for 9 months. Every time I called it is booked. Tonight we finally were able to get a table. It was really, really good. Not the best , but close to it. My wife and I had the halibut special. My son had the blackened Salmon. Very nice food. My wife had the pumpkin pie for dessert. Worth the wait just for this home made offering.

Best of all was the service by Casey. She was one of the best servers we ever had in Rehoboth.

I recommend this fine restaurant.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

We have been dining at Michy's since it opened. Richard, Michele and Viviane and the rest of the staff treat their guests like family. The food, the service and the atmosphere are superb. We have never had even a mediocre meal. Dining at Michy's is an absolute must for anyone who enjoys great food coupled with a family atmosphere.

1  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

This is the best restaurant in Rehoboth. My previous favorites have all slipped from their glory days (Nage 7 years ago, aMuse 3 years ago and Salt Air being the default goto) and I hope the loyal crowd continues to inspire the talented and friendly owners/chef/staff and they don't get bored with us!

We got the tuna poke appetizer on the coconut shell and it was very good and flavorful. Will order this every time they offer it. I got the scallops and my friend got the chicken. Two big thumbs up! I have recently been disappointed with scallops at higher end restaurants and have stayed away from them but Michy's brought me back to loving them. Delicious! The chicken is enough for generous leftovers and my other friend that I happened to run in to there said she orders the chicken every time.

And, if you are a bread pudding person or it brings back childhood memories, do yourself a favor, save room and order it at least once, despite the carbs. It's way plenty for a full dessert for two people and enough to share with four, it's that good, you won't mind 4 forks/spoons in there.

1  Thank mbeck_hokie
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Small restaurant in a strip mall. But produces excellent food that goes beyond the ordinary. Limited menu, which is often an indicator of quality, and here the dishes were just that. The spicy tempora prawns and the calamari starters were awesome.