“What”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #187 of 292 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

A friend and I went to outback in Rehoboth because when we went to the Dover location we absolutely loved it! Great food, drinks and service was beyond appluadable. Rehoboth sadly was not the same in the least to say. Our server was clueless on almost everything we spoke on, our order, even after repeating more than twice drinks were also wrong. Then we were addressed by who we were informed to be the manager (Katie) when she brought our food our after a 35 minute wait for just appetizers and our bread, we then were informed she was in fact not a manager but just a head waitress. When she brought out my second appetizer which was going on 40 minutes of a wait time I stated I was no longer hungry for it because of how long it took, she then took our drinks to refill then came back with the drinks and some boxes and told me I needed to relax and drink my drink. I was past calm to begin with until being told to relax by what was claimed to be a manager. I have never had this type of service and never will accept it again. Therefore, I think we will stick to the Dover location only. Worst friend date ever.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

We have a group that goes out monthly and went to Outback this time. We were pleased with the good food and reasonable prices. The steak is good, especially for the price. Service was great too.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

As a national chain, there is little that differs from others across the county. But the outside was remodeled about a year ago. The inside is clean, service good...and as the saying goes, the best surprise is no surprise.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I got the Wednesday night special for $9.99,steak,fries and a coke. The steak was prepared as I requested and the service was very attentive. The manager came bye to make sure that our experience was good. The Aussie punch was delicious.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We have enjoyed meals at numerous Outbacks during our travels, and the wife used to work at one, so we are pretty familiar with them, and until this trip, we have never had a bad experience. Our server was good: attentive and friendly, but the problem was the food. My first hint of an issue was when my Caesar salad had carrot slivers and red cabbage mixed in, as a house salad would, but worse still, there was definitely italian dressing left on the lettuce before the Caesar dressing was added. I cannot imagine a good explanation for why this could have occurred, so I awaited my steak and lobster. The lobster tail was not bad, a little overdone, but that can be overlooked at a chain restaurant. The steak however was the least flavorful I have ever eaten at an Outback. None of the usual seasoning was present, and it just ended up being rather bland. My wife had the Alice Springs chicken, and we each noted an unusual taste to it, which we finally figured out was noticeable blue cheese beneath the melted cheese, which is not supposed to be on the Alice Springs chicken and never has been before. Perhaps they are dealing with a new kitchen staff or cook, but to have had that many things wrong in one meal would certainly prevent us from eating at that location again. We still have positive feelings about the Outback brand; however this particular franchise will not be seeing us again.

1  Thank Rob L
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Rob,

This is not at all the food experience we had hoped for. Please take a moment to email us at news@outback.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Rehoboth, Beach, DE so we can follow up with you soon.

Leah