“Labor Day delayed vacation”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Ranked #187 of 290 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I got the Wednesday night special for $9.99,steak,fries and a coke. The steak was prepared as I requested and the service was very attentive. The manager came bye to make sure that our experience was good. The Aussie punch was delicious.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We have enjoyed meals at numerous Outbacks during our travels, and the wife used to work at one, so we are pretty familiar with them, and until this trip, we have never had a bad experience. Our server was good: attentive and friendly, but the problem was the food. My first hint of an issue was when my Caesar salad had carrot slivers and red cabbage mixed in, as a house salad would, but worse still, there was definitely italian dressing left on the lettuce before the Caesar dressing was added. I cannot imagine a good explanation for why this could have occurred, so I awaited my steak and lobster. The lobster tail was not bad, a little overdone, but that can be overlooked at a chain restaurant. The steak however was the least flavorful I have ever eaten at an Outback. None of the usual seasoning was present, and it just ended up being rather bland. My wife had the Alice Springs chicken, and we each noted an unusual taste to it, which we finally figured out was noticeable blue cheese beneath the melted cheese, which is not supposed to be on the Alice Springs chicken and never has been before. Perhaps they are dealing with a new kitchen staff or cook, but to have had that many things wrong in one meal would certainly prevent us from eating at that location again. We still have positive feelings about the Outback brand; however this particular franchise will not be seeing us again.

1  Thank Rob L
OutbackGuestServices, Guest Relations Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2017

Hi Rob,

This is not at all the food experience we had hoped for. Please take a moment to email us at news@outback.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Rehoboth, Beach, DE so we can follow up with you soon.

Leah

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Went, didn't like it, never going back.. service was so slow on a non busy time. Meat ordered was not meat we got. Sent it back twice due to that reason and decided to never return. Their bread is delicious but not good enough to go there again..

OutbackGuestServices, Manager at Outback Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

We hate that we let you down. We'd like to review this further if you could please take a moment to send me an email at news@outback.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Rehoboth Beach, DE". We can then correspond directly over email.

Madeline

Reviewed 23 February 2017 via mobile

My sirloin steak was cooked perfectly but a little tough. They were out of 3 different light beers I ordered so that was not good, usually indicates some one is incompetent!

Reviewed 31 January 2017 via mobile

Out of all of the restaurants in Rehoboth this probably wouldn't make a top list. The food is over priced for the quality and service is okay.