“Love this place. 200+ visits.”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #179 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed 4 October 2016 via mobile

I just can't get over how much I love this restaurant chain. The staff is friendly, the food is great and cheaper than most steak houses. I'm a huge fan of their apps. One of the few places I won't just order an entree consistently. Great fruity drinks too. $5 for a rum punch! The down side is it's harder to get a table on Valentine's day and weekends because of the local love. It's a great place that many people visit on a regular basis. Weekends have an amazing lunch. Unlimited soup and salad under 10 bucks. If You've never been to outback this is a great one for a first try.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

We hadn't been to an Outback in quite a while and was expecting a little more. Not that anything was bad so much as just disappointing. The wait staff was excellent, however, very attentive - but she was busy with some large parties so our table of 2 was a little forgotten. Hard to get her attention that we had bread but no napkins or setups.

We ordered quickly, but it seemed a long wait for our dinners to arrive. So much so that the server came to apologize and that the meals would be right out... not so...

Since steak houses usually have good ribs, I ordered a full rack. These were ok, but not the "fall-off-the-bone" kind - but then again they did not advertise them as such. Not very meaty, they came a little dry and overdone. My better half ordered a chicken dish which had an odd taste to me and needed much of the side sauce it came with. "Aussie Fries" - nothing special - just standard French fries - but I ate them all. Baked potato was underdone. Portions are not oversized.

On the plus side there is plenty of parking and we were seated immediately. The food was ok overall, we just expected a little bit better.

Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

Food was over done.we sat by the bar and heard the servers talking about a meeting they have to go to and complain they don't want to . Girls hugging and kissing while another one takes a photo of them. What a disappointment. Hope some reads this email to fix the problem.

Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

Been on a diet lately but we had the urge for a steak..... we were sadly very disappointed number one The Establishment closes at 9 p.m. we arrived at 9:02 and the doors were locked took a shot the next night we got there at 8:40 pm it seemed like they were rushing everything we both ordered our steaks extra well done and I explained to the waiter what that meant in my opinion Brown on the inside no pink no red.... he brought the food out I can only eat my steak "dead" no pink has to be completely cooked.... so when I cut into it in and it was red inside..... we had a problem I don't like sending food back so my meal was a salad and a baked potato my wife wasn't happy with her steak but it was close enough she managed to get through it.... was kind of fatty she said..... I guess I'll just stick to the ones in my community

Reviewed 25 May 2016

I give this Outback a "4" based primarily on the great service that my wife and I received. Our waiter was excellent - patient, helpful, attentive, personable. Since my wife reacts badly to garlic, we go through a routine to find out whether a menu item that appeals to her has any garlic in it. This usually involves the server going back to the kitchen several times to get the answer. Our waiter was very patient. My wife settled on the new Bacon Bourbon Salmon without the sauce. She thought it was delicious, as did I when I ate the leftovers.

I chose the Outback Sirloin with a baked sweet potato. The steak was a little chewy in sections but overall it was good and tasty. The baked sweet potato was very good. It came practically swimming in butter which isn't bad, but Outback could cut expenses by serving about one-third as much.

We called ahead to get our name on the wait list and had to wait about 15 minutes. As we waited people were being quoted a 25 minute wait. This was before 6 PM on a Saturday night in May. A little later during the season must require a lot of patience. But the crowd speaks of Outback's popularity.