“Good food, kitchen is so slow”
Review of Arena's Deli

Arena's Deli
Ranked #36 of 290 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Deli
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I have been coming here for over 20 years - however the other day we waited almost an hour & a half for lunch. Our server was running & apologetic - although nothing was discounted or taken off the check. Two out of the 3 meals were luke-warm & tasted like they had been sitting. It seemed like the kitchen just couldn’t keep up. Sadly, this may have been our last visit. The visit before this one had slow food as well.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Visited Arena's on a fairly busy Saturday night in the summer. The menu is mostly sandwiches with a few seafood dishes mixed in. We got the Nachos for an app-supposedly "the best on the beach" but they were over cooked in some spots and undercooked in others. The chicken was not hot and the cheese was inconsistently melted. Far from the best I have had on the beach! I had the fish tacos for a main course. They needed more seasoning and the fish was overcooked. On the positive side the beer selection was outstanding and the service was spot on. I don't recommend sitting outside as the flies were everywhere.

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon this place by accident asked to look at the menu and immediately said “yep, we’ll eat here” we were sat immediately and after looking at the menu in more detail, decided we loved the place already. The drinks are huge, the appetizers were delicious (we got the Arenas famous nachos) and the food was superb! If you are a vegetarian (or not) I definitely recommend the mushroom veggie burger! My wife got the shrimp tacos and loved them!

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for a mid afternoon visit. Ordered my favorite, their shrimp salad platter. For a change my husband ordered the same thing. We both loved it. They always have at least a dozen shrimp, and not the tiny size sometime used in salads. It includes very fresh mixed greens, thin sliced carrots, almost a 1/2 of a large cucumber, sliced tomatoes. I always get the oriental sesame dressing. It is ginger flavored, and leaves a slightly spicy tang on the tongue, but I love it. My husband thought it had a little too much tang! Service was as usual, very polite, and complete.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I rent a beach house around the corner from Arena's every summer and have passed by a thousand times and noticed that outdoor tables are always full, so decided to try it. 3 adults and 2 toddlers. They brought the kids food out right away per request (good) but the other order took forever. After a good 30 minutes, I finally said to the waitress "how long does it take to make a chili dog?" She replied that other people were waiting for their orders, as well (not a satisfactory response). Order didn't come for a good 10 minutes more, in spite of my prompt. Won't stop again.