“Good family seafood restaurant”
Review of Big Fish Grill

Big Fish Grill
Ranked #18 of 289 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Founded in 1997 by brothers Norman and Eric Sugrue, Delaware's Big Fish Grill has become one of the premier spots for casual dining in the region. A unique blend of original recipes, must have favorites and affordable prices have resulted in a dedicated following. Enough so to earn numerous "Best Seafood at the Beach" awards by Delaware Today magazine. The secret ingredient of the Big Fish Grill success story is a commitment to providing fresh, great tasting dishes, unsurpassed hospitality and impeccable customer service. Big Fish Grill offers a diverse menu featuring not only hand selected seafood at its absolute freshness but also delicious steaks and pasta in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Big Fish Grill has something for everyone!
Reviewed 9 January 2018

This is a friendly and casual seafood restaurant with the usual nautical decor (mounted fish, etc) and good service. We had the fried flounder and the fried combo and they were both good. The french fries and cole slaw were both good as well. My only reservation is that it's a tiny bit pricey for its location -- $25 for fried flounder and $24 for the fried combo. On the other hand, it stays open all year, which is something.

Janine L, Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2018

We are pleased to know you enjoyed the food, service, and atmosphere! We feel the prices are fair for the amount and quality of food we provide. However, most entrees we serve at dinner we also serve at lunch (a smaller quantity) for a cheaper price. We hope to see you again!

(302) 227-3474

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed 4 January 2018

The restaurant offers gluten free, vegetarian friendly choices which was important to certain millennial members of our family. We dined on a Wednesday which was lobster special day. Besides lobster, our order included shrimp scampi and bourbon marinated jumbo shrimp. Every entry was good and the portions were large. The service was friendly and quick. The kids menu appeased the little ones. All age groups left with a full belly and a smile.

We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the food and service and that your family left full and happy!

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

A reliable go to for fresh seafood choices. And soups! The bar scene is filled with locals, too. Paper and crayons on the table are a treat for the artist in all of us. Wide open space can get a bit crazy and noisy in the high season, but it feels like fun. They have a back room that you can book for bigger groups now. The group owns several nice restaurants in the area, so be sure to text in your Big Fish points at the end of your meal. In the summer, they added a small patio out front next to their market.

Thank you for your review! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Due to my previous great experience here, I recommended it to a friend when he visited RB for the first time. It was the day after Xmas. We came later than the regular lunch time and the place was not full. We were able to get a table as soon as we walked in.
For appetizer we shared a pot of mussels with Thai spice. The mussels were good but the Thai sauce throws us off a little bit. We were expecting something hot and spicy but it was more on the sweet side and peanuty. I was also a bit disappointed that only a slice of garlic bread comes with the whole pot. I wish the waiting staff would recommend us to get one more piece of garlic bread (it was good) when she knew we wanted to share. We did not mind paying.
For entree, my friend ordered the trout and I ordered the jambalaya.
I am glad to see that the management still takes allergy issue very seriously. When I informed the waiter that I am lactose intolerant they explained to me the kind of stuff that will be in the food. Very thoughtful and professional. I really enjoyed it.
The trout needs a bit more seasoning. I was a bit let down by my friend's dish but my jambalaya was great. This is a dish that I would order again.

Two drinks, one appetizer and two entrees -- we paid $58 after tips. Value is a four star. The meal was delightful (despite some small oops).
Service is a three star (in the danger of dropping to two) -- we had to wait for a while to get our food. Some customers came after us already had their food on their table. Perhaps the jambalaya takes a bit of time to cook. I don't know. I just remembered the food was served when I was about to get grumpy.
Food is a three star this time -- Jambalaya is a four star but the trout needs more seasoning. Also I was not too thrilled about the Thai sauce for the mussels here.

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. The half slice of garlic bread served with the pot o' mussels is complimentary. However, if that is not enough we offer 2 slices of garlic bread as an appetizer which is listed on our hard copy menu. We apologize if your meals felt delayed. Please never hesitate to ask to speak with a manager if you are not 100% satisfied with your experience so that we have an opportunity to rectify the issue.

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We visit Bug Fish at least once or twice a month. We have been coming there since they opened. The food is always fresh and delicious. Did I mention huge portions.? We live all of Big Fish restaurants.

Janine L, Guest Relations Manager at Big Fish Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

sissy13,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent visit, and for being such a loyal guest. We will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team, and we hope to see you again soon.

Big Fish Grill Management Team